Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q70R + HW-Q70R sync issue

(Topic created on: 06-01-2020 05:16 AM)
DavidinScotland
Explorer
Options

I've just bought the SAMSUNG QE55Q90R television + HW-Q70R sound bar and getting terrible lip sync delay on some tv channels. If i listen to the tv through its own speakers there is no problem, but once I switch on the soundbar there is a terrible lip sync issue. Does anyone know how to resolve this please?

0 Likes
96 REPLIES 96
Lee184
Apprentice
Options

I can't believe how Samsung are behaving regarding this issue. To sell high end TV's and soundbars that suffer from a common fault and they seem to refuse to acknowledge nevermind resolve the issue. I'm heavily invested in Samsung's ecosystem but this whole drama has made me have second thoughts. It would be helpful at the least if they would just engage with the community. 

Billywizzo
Explorer
Options

I have the Q85R tv and the Q70R sound bar.

I believe the main problem is when the sound is via the tv to the sound bar from and external source.

If I watch freeview or use any apps on the tv the sound is fine through the sound bar but if I watch SkyQ or use my PS4 I get sound lag through the sound bar but not if I turn off the sound bar and use the tv speakers.

Turning off Dolby on the SkyQ or PS4 also stops the lag so at the moment SkyQ and PS4 are both on normal sound output so no sound lag.

It is the tv that is the problem I believe as if I connect either SkyQ or the PS4 direct to the sound bar the sound is fine.

I have the sound bar connected to from the  tv HDMI ARC port to the sound bar HDMI ARC port with SkyQ in  HDMI 2 and the PS4 in the HDMI 4 port.

I did get a reply from Samsung when I sent a few messages about the problem with links to various forum posts an out this issue and the reply was

" With regards to having sound that is out of sync with picture, we would like to inform that we have not received any reports from our engineers that this known on your given soundbar model and TV model. Know that your soundbar and TV has undergone rigorous process of quality checks and tests before being released. On the other hand, we will still check the links that you provided so that we can conduct a separate investigation. "

I will reply with a link to more forum posts and if others are in contact with Samsung they should link posts in there reply

Billywizzo
Explorer
Options

I did get a reply from Samsung when I sent a few messages about the problem with links to various forum posts an out this issue and the reply was

" With regards to having sound that is out of sync with picture, we would like to inform that we have not received any reports from our engineers that this known on your given soundbar model and TV model. Know that your soundbar and TV has undergone rigorous process of quality checks and tests before being released. On the other hand, we will still check the links that you provided so that we can conduct a separate investigation. "

Not sure how their engineers test the tv and sound bar but I don't believe they are very rigorous tests as they state otherwise I am sure they would have found this problem.

I will reply with a link to more forum posts and if others are in contact with Samsung they should link posts in their reply

0 Likes
Narranick
Apprentice
Options

This pains me a bit to say.

After reading this forum and attempting all methods without a result, I contacted support.

They told me to remove the power from the soundbar and plug it back in, and then complete a reset (holding + and - for 10 seconds or so). They then told me to reset the TV to factory settings.

I thought this was just going through the motions and wouldn't be succesful. 

I then tested for the delay again, ensuring that I was only testing content that was Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital +, ensured the delay setting was at 0, and looked for the delay.

I cannot say with any confidence that the delay still exists.. Before, the delay was incredibly obvious, and now I've been paranoid/focusing extremely hard to see the delay, but without being able to clearly notice one.. (which had me perplexed as I was certain this solution would not work..) I tested with digital channels, Netflix, and other streaming services with dolby audio.

I have the soundbar connected to the TV via HDMI Arc. 

I'll continue to observe and report back if I notice any changes but currently it appears fixed for myself.

dtefft620
Pioneer
Options

That is exacly what they had me do as the first step. It did not work for me. Are you testing a device that is plugged into the tv's HDMI ports in Dolby Digital? Like my PlayStation for example is plugged into a HDMI port on the tv and then the soundbar is plugged into the tv's HDMI arc port. If I set the PlayStation to output Dolby digital or DTS there is severe audio lag. When the PlayStation is set to PCM it is fine. If I play a shooting game when I push the button to shoot on the PlayStation controller visually it shoots on the screen at the same time but the sound of the shot is a second or so behind. Very annoying. Im curious to hear if you've tested something plugged into the HDMI on the tv because my streaming apps on the tv all sound fine. It's just the devices plugged into the tv. 

0 Likes
Narranick
Apprentice
Options

Tested with my PS4 and have the same issue as yourself. I had not used the ps4 since noticing the the issue.

While this is frustrating for the ps4, my streaming services and digital channels on the tv work fine now with dolby enabled. I only use the ps4 for occasional gaming and no other apps. I have Samsung calling in 24-48 hours and will mention the ps4 delay as now my initial problem seems solved.

My main issue was the streaming apps on the tv with a delay.

0 Likes
dtefft620
Pioneer
Options

Yeah it's definitely an issue with the tvs HDMI. The reason I bought the tv is because I have a cable box, PS4, and Nintendo switch to plug into HDMI but they all lag. Watching apps on the tv is great but it's really killed the gaming experience and watching anything with good sound on the cable. Plus they claim how great this tv is for gaming. Yeah it looks great but the sound is terrible unless you just want to hear it through the tv speaker. Curious to hear what they tell you about the PS4. 

0 Likes
Elvb
Apprentice
Options
The issue was always with the external devices plugged into the HDMI ports and not the apps on the TV. I'm 100% Samsung is aware of this issue and no about of resets etc is going to solve the issue.
It's either a manufacture hardware or a software fault.

0 Likes
wh187
Student
Options

I have the exact same issue with lip sync / sound delays using 75" Q80 TV hdmi arc to Q70 soundbar.  I am thinking about replacing this with another brand.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Billywizzo
Explorer
Options

I have been on the phone to Samsung technical support ( if that is what you call it ) and after a long phone call they have suggested I get the soundbar replaced.

I tried to insist the problem seemed to be with the tv but they were having none of it saying they had no reports of sound issues with the tv's and it was definitly the soundbar at fault.

They said that as tv speakers sound was ok with SkyQ or the PS4  it must be the soundbar and when I tried to explain it was when sound had to go through the tv to the soundbar from an external source with Dolby sound that there were problems, they just said that was down to the soundbar as Dolby sound to the tv speakers was fine.

No matter what I said they would not accept any knowlage of any issues with the tv's and when I mentioned these forum posts they said these although hosted by samsung were not official samsung forums and were not monitored by them.

0 Likes