Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q70R + HW-Q70R sync issue

(Topic created on: 04-01-2020 05:51 PM)
DavidinScotland
Explorer
Options

I've just bought the SAMSUNG QE55Q90R television + HW-Q70R sound bar and getting terrible lip sync delay on some tv channels. If i listen to the tv through its own speakers there is no problem, but once I switch on the soundbar there is a terrible lip sync issue. Does anyone know how to resolve this please?

0 Likes
96 REPLIES 96
kprzybyl
Apprentice
Options

An optical or HDMI from the TV to the soundbar made no difference with my Fios STB.  I'll try the optical cable from the STB to the soundbar directly - quite frustrating at this price point samsung just says to use PCM or call Fios. 

I called BS twice on that answer, the rep then did acknowledge their engineers are aware of this issue and are reviewing to determine if it's an issue or not.

0 Likes
Billywizzo
Explorer
Options

Hi

I have the Q85R tv and the Q70R soundbar.

I have had loads of problems with the sound out of sync when watching SkyQ.

I had it set up with Sky to the HDMI 3ARC port on the tv and tried the soundbar via Bluetooth to WiFi.

Both had bad lip sync issues and the Bluetooth would drop out for about half a second every so often.

I have just connected the soundbar to the tv via HDMI ARC to ARC ports and Sky to another HDMI port on the tv.

The sound from the tv via built in apps or freeview is fine no sync problems.

The sound from Sky still had sync problems until I set Sky sound to PCM/normal not either Dolby settings band now no sync problems so far.

Not ideal as I watch Sky most and hoped to get Dolby sound from it.

Hopefully this will help someone and either Samsung or Sky will do something about the problem.

dtefft620
Pioneer
Options

Exactly. But it is definitely Samsung's issue. Anything you plug into the TVs HDMI port is going to have audio lag. I have a cable box, PS4, and Nintendo switch plugged in and they all lag terribly. You don't buy a Q70R Dolby Atmos soundbar to listen to everything in stereo sound. So yeah switching to pcm works but is not an acceptable fix. 

Lee184
Apprentice
Options

I'm running the 65" Q85 with a Q70r soundbar. Same lipsync issues as above with Sky Q and anything connected via HDMI. This needs to be acknowledged and resolved asap by Samsung via a firmware update. If I wanted to watch tv in stereo i could've picked up a soundbar for less than £200 and not the £800 the Q70r costs. Feel robbed to be honest!!

dtefft620
Pioneer
Options

Samsung sent me a replacement Q80R tv and I switched all the Hdmi cables to 8k Hdmi 2.1 cables. Still have the exact same issue. Back to square one with samsung. Its been well over a month, 2 different tvs, and hours on the phone with Samsung. The cables are not the issue, don't waste your money on them. Samsung needs to fix this!

Billywizzo
Explorer
Options

It is definitely a problem with the tv and HDMI ARC to a soundbar.

Wish Samsung would accept it and fix it.

If everything that is connected to the tv has sync problems but direct connection to the soundbar is fine it must be the route through the tv.

Elvb
Apprentice
Options
We all knew it had nothing to do with the cables, it needs some kind of software fix.
Have you tried using the optical cable with the soundbar?
I have my surround sound plugged into the optical input and no lip sync issue, I have not tried the soundbar.
0 Likes
dtefft620
Pioneer
Options

Exactly. Every call to samsung I've asked them if they are aware of others with this problem and they say no. I said well your forums on your own site certainly say otherwise. They still deny the problem.

Billywizzo
Explorer
Options

I keep including links to forum posts about the problem every time I reply to them or send them an email.

Have said I may have to return the tv and sound bar if they cannot fix it.

It is a lot of money not to get surround sound which is what I bought it all for.

dtefft620
Pioneer
Options

I feel the same way. They offered me a refund too but I told them I want what I paid for. Actually they jumped at the chance to just give my money back to avoid the problem. I just want a setup that works. They still advertise them as working seemlessly so give me a product that does. They have several thousand of my money and I have a product that doesn't work.