Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q70R + HW-Q70R sync issue

(Topic created on: 19-12-2019 11:34 AM)
DavidinScotland
Explorer
Options

I've just bought the SAMSUNG QE55Q90R television + HW-Q70R sound bar and getting terrible lip sync delay on some tv channels. If i listen to the tv through its own speakers there is no problem, but once I switch on the soundbar there is a terrible lip sync issue. Does anyone know how to resolve this please?

0 Likes
96 REPLIES 96
Hem3001
Apprentice
Options

I was using the basic cables also where I was having the sync issues. Once I plugged in the 2.1, the sync was spot on

0 Likes
Elvb
Apprentice
Options

Has anyone else tried 2.1 cable?

Need to find out if it really work.

0 Likes
dtefft620
Pioneer
Options
Yes I’m wondering that as well before I order some.
0 Likes
kprzybyl
Apprentice
Options
I have my cables coming today - all 2.1 cables... I'll post back tonight.
Narranick
Apprentice
Options

How'd it work for your new 2.1 cables? 

0 Likes
kprzybyl
Apprentice
Options

no change...  I'm going to bail and use an optical cable... really bummed I don't want to return it as it's a pain to schlep it to the store.

0 Likes
Elvb
Apprentice
Options

No surprise, it would be too easy for that to be a solution.

0 Likes
dtefft620
Pioneer
Options

I ordered the 2.1 cables too and they should be here tomorrow. Samsung contacted me yesterday and said they are sending me a replacement Q80R tv. I don't know how the same tv will change anything unless they've updated it but we will see. I'll post my results.

0 Likes
Elvb
Apprentice
Options

I doubt a new TV is going to solve anything. Just talking to someone at work regarding this issue and he has a Sony TV and Sonos soundbar and he is having the same issue.

He think the Dolby processing between the TV Soundbar has a very slight delay. Let me know how you get on with the new TV.

0 Likes
dtefft620
Pioneer
Options

That's exacly what it is. I agree it is the tv's processing since it only happens to devices plugged into the tv's HDMI ports and only when switched to dolby digital or dolby digital +. PCM is fine but who wants to settle for stereo sound when purchasing such a nice set up. Video quality on this tv is top notch if only the sound would match the video. I highly doubt a different tv of the same model ans software is going to fix it either and I expressed that to samsung but they said "try the new one and if it's the same don't worry because it will be under warranty too". So I'm not sure what their next step would be. They already offered money back but thats not what im looking for. I just want a set up that works.

0 Likes