Support

Open search

HW-Q70R + HW-Q70R sync issue

Highlighted
Apprentice

I was using the basic cables also where I was having the sync issues. Once I plugged in the 2.1, the sync was spot on

Highlighted
Apprentice

Has anyone else tried 2.1 cable?

Need to find out if it really work.

Explorer
Yes I’m wondering that as well before I order some.
Highlighted
Apprentice
I have my cables coming today - all 2.1 cables... I'll post back tonight.
Highlighted
First Poster

How'd it work for your new 2.1 cables? 

Highlighted
Apprentice

no change...  I'm going to bail and use an optical cable... really bummed I don't want to return it as it's a pain to schlep it to the store.

Highlighted
Apprentice

No surprise, it would be too easy for that to be a solution.

Highlighted
Explorer

I ordered the 2.1 cables too and they should be here tomorrow. Samsung contacted me yesterday and said they are sending me a replacement Q80R tv. I don't know how the same tv will change anything unless they've updated it but we will see. I'll post my results.

Highlighted
Apprentice

I doubt a new TV is going to solve anything. Just talking to someone at work regarding this issue and he has a Sony TV and Sonos soundbar and he is having the same issue.

He think the Dolby processing between the TV Soundbar has a very slight delay. Let me know how you get on with the new TV.

Highlighted
Explorer

That's exacly what it is. I agree it is the tv's processing since it only happens to devices plugged into the tv's HDMI ports and only when switched to dolby digital or dolby digital +. PCM is fine but who wants to settle for stereo sound when purchasing such a nice set up. Video quality on this tv is top notch if only the sound would match the video. I highly doubt a different tv of the same model ans software is going to fix it either and I expressed that to samsung but they said "try the new one and if it's the same don't worry because it will be under warranty too". So I'm not sure what their next step would be. They already offered money back but thats not what im looking for. I just want a set up that works.

Top Liked Authors