Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q70R + HW-Q70R sync issue

(Topic created on: 13-12-2019 07:50 PM)
DavidinScotland
Explorer
Options

I've just bought the SAMSUNG QE55Q90R television + HW-Q70R sound bar and getting terrible lip sync delay on some tv channels. If i listen to the tv through its own speakers there is no problem, but once I switch on the soundbar there is a terrible lip sync issue. Does anyone know how to resolve this please?

0 Likes
96 REPLIES 96
dtefft620
Pioneer
Options

Those appear to be 2.0 cables though and actually are the ones I'm currently using. 

0 Likes
DavidinScotland
Explorer
Options

Thanks for that information. Can you please tell me where you bought your 2.1 cable and perhaps a link to the site?

0 Likes
Hem3001
Apprentice
Options

Oh, that's strange? I actually bought the black 2.1 cables from the same seller for £5.79? I've just checked and it seems the seller doesn't have any now? Sorry guys! 

0 Likes
dtefft620
Pioneer
Options
But just changing the cables made the audio and video come into sync? And are you in Dolby digital or pcm? Mine works fine on pcm but I’m trying to get Dolby digital to be in sync
0 Likes
DavidinScotland
Explorer
Options
Can you tell me the make model and seller so i can try and source somewhere else?

Thanks
0 Likes
Hem3001
Apprentice
Options
Yes, that's all I did and the sound is on Dolby Digital and not pcm
0 Likes
Hem3001
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20191214_085716_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

0 Likes
Hem3001
Apprentice
Options

It's still on amazon here... 

Ex-Pro 8K HDMI, Certificated HDMI 2.1, ULtra High Speed 48Gbps Lead, 7680P 8K@60Hz UHD HD HDTV 3D, HDCP 2.2, 4:4:4 HDR, eARC Compatible - 28awg Silver 2m https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XJ2S9M4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Pxk9DbNCDYT3S

0 Likes
Matt_Q90R
Journeyman
Options

So you found that the cables alone improved things? I bought two Amazon Basics HDMI cables on the back of something I read about them all being essentially the same (as it's a digital not analog cable) - do you guys agree/disagree with that?

The ones I bought now show as being HDMI 2.0 on the Amazon site, I am going to swap the cable from the One Connect to the Soundbar and from the Virgin to the One Connect today and see if I get any improvement...

0 Likes
Hem3001
Apprentice
Options

It worked for me guys, that's all I can say. As it made such a difference to my set up, I have ordered another 2.1 cable to connect from my connect box to the soundbar. 

0 Likes