Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q70R + HW-Q70R sync issue

(Topic created on: 27-11-2019 03:37 PM)
DavidinScotland
Explorer
Options

I've just bought the SAMSUNG QE55Q90R television + HW-Q70R sound bar and getting terrible lip sync delay on some tv channels. If i listen to the tv through its own speakers there is no problem, but once I switch on the soundbar there is a terrible lip sync issue. Does anyone know how to resolve this please?

0 Likes
96 REPLIES 96
AndrewL
Options
@DavidinScotland: Do you have the soundbar connected via HDMI ARC? If so, can you try an alternate connection method to see if you notice an improvement? Also, if you have any external cable/satellite boxes connected, please can you remove any connections to see if the issue still occurs?
0 Likes
DavidinScotland
Explorer
Options

It's connected via HDMI using ARC port on box.

In the TV Sound Expert settings i have the Digital audio output format set to Dobly Digital and there is a lip sync problem, but if i change the setting to PCM the lip sync disappears but i lose the better sound.

The lip sync problem only happens on some channels i.e. BBC1 so may be an issue with channels transmitted in DD and the soundbar is not handling it properly. I have read other people commenting on this and it seems to be a known problem with this and other Samsung Soundbars not handling Dolby Digital outputs well.

ChrisDaws72
Journeyman
Options

Having precisely the same issues mate. Very annoying and a total lack of solution forthcoming. Samsung Live Chat suggested returning and replacing with the retailer. What? To get the same product with the same problem? Very frustrating as the products are superb

Matt_Q90R
Journeyman
Options

Fully agreed with this being a massive issue which Samsung need to sort out. I bought a Q90R 55" model which came with the Q70R soundbar also.

Very impressed with the product quality when everything is working, but it seems to have a lot of bugs and issues.

HDMI ARC is not working smoothly at all for me in terms of my TV even recognising that the soundbar (which is of course also Samsung...) is a soundbar and not a Receiver? When it does connect I get poor lip sync timing through my Virgin Media box.

Needs a fix urgently!

0 Likes
Jimbo69
Journeyman
Options

Yep I've got the Q90R and HW-Q70R

Brilliant TV and soundbar except the lip sync issues!

Only occurs on Dolby transmissions on the Virgin V6 box but fine on Netflix, Prime and Freesat!

dtefft620
Pioneer
Options
Same issue here.
I just bought the Q80R tv and the HW-Q70R soundbar and if I play apps built into the tv it seems close but if I use the Cable box, Nintendo Switch, or PS4 it lags horribly. I also have the devices and tv all set to dolby digital because I want to hear the sound I bought it for. Also I have set the sync on the tv and soundbar all the way down to zero and it's still way off. For instance playing call of duty on the PS4 when you shoot a gun you hear the sound of it a second later or so. It really makes the gaming experience horrible. The main reason I purchased this TV and soundbar setup was because of the great gaming reviews the TV has received.
0 Likes
Hem3001
Apprentice
Options

I had the same issue with my 55 Q90R and the HW Q70r soundbar when connected via SkyQ. I tried pretty much everything and all the settings and then 'hey presto!' Turns out all I needed to do was to change my HDMI cable to the latest 2.1 version from my SkyQ box to the Samsung connect box and the lip sync issues have gone. Hope this helps and works for you? 

dtefft620
Pioneer
Options

Thanks for the help! I wonder if I should try replacing the arc cable from tv to soundbar (which i'm using the one that came with the soundbar) or all three coming into the tv from the devices also. That could get pricey.

0 Likes
Hem3001
Apprentice
Options

They don't cost that much. I got mine here... 

4K HDMI Cable 2M HDMI Lead-Snowkids Ultra High Speed 18Gbps HDMI 2.0 Cable 4K@60Hz Compatible Fire TV, 3D Support, Ethernet Function, Video 4K UHD 2160p, HD 1080p, 3D - Xbox PlayStation PS3 PS4 PC ect https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GYS426K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_5K98DbJ8VZ803

0 Likes