Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q60R

(Topic created on: 13-01-2020 07:43 PM)
happy123
Explorer
Options

Hi could someone on the community give me some advice if at all possible I have just purchased the HW-Q60R Soundbar to match the HW-Q60R TV and would like to know what rear surround sound speakers would possibly work to make my setup complete as the soundbar is a great product in my view but just like to finish it off with a nice set of rear speakers  to make it sound real so if any kind person can give me some advice on this matter I would be very grateful and it would be very much appreciated many thanks in advance Nick

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24
happy123
Explorer
Options

Hi the truth is I would not like to say in theory they should work as there is not a lot of difference between the Re: HW-Q60R and the HW-Q70R soundbars but if you did a bit of research online you might get a different aspect of the whole setup so if you are not completely sure then I would not take the risk of spending extra money if you are not 100% sure but that is all I could say to you so I am sorry I am not much help to you

abaher
Student
Options

Yes they will work together although it says on website that only 8500S will work with Q70R

MPJ81
Navigator
Options

How does the 9000s connect with the Q60R? The Q60R has Bluetooth but no WiFi and the 9000s is listed as having WiFi but no Bluetooth.

0 Likes
happy123
Explorer
Options

Hi  

Explorer  what I did was follow the instructions in the manual of the HW-Q60R Soundbar and all you need to do is in the HW-Q60R Soundbar manual and go to the page where it says setting up the SWA-8500S as surround sound speakers I am no techy or anything close to that but all I did was follow the instructions and it worked a treat and that's all I can say  
MPJ81
Navigator
Options

Thanks mate. It seems weird that Samsung insist that only the 8500s will work with the Q60 when that's not the case. Unhelpful for customers and they will lose sales.

0 Likes
happy123
Explorer
Options

Hi MPJ81 Explorer, yes I quite agree they say only the 8500s will work with the q60 soundbar but it is not the case I even phoned Samsung and believe it or not they told me the same only the model 8500s but by me taking a huge risk on spending a lot of money on the 9000s and hoping they worked or the Mrs would have killed me if not but I just followed the instructions and hey presto they worked and my Mrs when she heard the surround sound come out of the rear speakers she was very much impressed so I hope you understand and get the big kick out of the rear speakers is the same joy we have and also you can fiddle with the soundbar remote and instructions to get the best sound  out of them as they do punch a nice little punch all I can say I hope you can set them up as I did 

cella80
First Poster
Options

Hey. I wanted to find out how you connected your SWA-9000s to your Q60 soundbar? Did you have to use the dongle that came with the 9000s?

0 Likes
Miniman1
Journeyman
Options

Hey.., i have q70r soundbar,.. the 9000s sourrond speakers work perfect.., without dongle..👍👍,.. i think for q60r should be the same!!

0 Likes
happy123
Explorer
Options

I followed the instructions from the Samsung soundbar manual and followed the instructions from the SWA-9000s manual as well and found it was quite easy once I read both manuals and being a disabled person with help from my partner ( carer ) I found it very straight forward I hope I have helped you

0 Likes
cella80
First Poster
Options

@happy123 And you didn't use the Dongle at all?

0 Likes