Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q60R

(Topic created on: 21-11-2019 02:43 PM)
happy123
Explorer
Options

Hi could someone on the community give me some advice if at all possible I have just purchased the HW-Q60R Soundbar to match the HW-Q60R TV and would like to know what rear surround sound speakers would possibly work to make my setup complete as the soundbar is a great product in my view but just like to finish it off with a nice set of rear speakers  to make it sound real so if any kind person can give me some advice on this matter I would be very grateful and it would be very much appreciated many thanks in advance Nick

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @happy123 

The Wireless Rear Speakers Kit recommended on our website for your Soundbar is model ref. SWA-8500S. Have a look at this link and scroll down to 'Wireless surround sound ready'.

Hope this helps!

happy123
Explorer
Options

Hi and thank you so much ChrisM for your reply it is very much appreciated also I have just found out from Richer Sound website according to them they recommend the Samsung SWA-9000S  which they  have tested with the same setup of the Q60R TV and the Q60Q Soundbar that I have so now I am very much stumped on which to go for as I have looked high and low on the internet for the SWA-8500S. and I can only seem to get them from abroad from the USA,  Australia  and places like that so again thank you for replying it is very much appreciated and I am very grateful for your help 

yours thankfully Nick

0 Likes
happy123
Explorer
Options
Hi just a quick message to help members who use this forum I have connected the Samsung SWA-9000S Wireless surround sound speakers to my HW-Q60R Soundbar and they match up and work perfectly and took 15-30 minutes to set up and I hope this helps anyone who is interested also in the manual of the HW-Q60R they say the SWA-8500S are the rear speakers to use with the HW-Q60R Soundbar whether this is the case I can not say as I went straight in and bought the SWA-9000S and like I said they are the ones I used and set up and I hope this will help members
AndrewL
Options
Further to the post by @happy123, the SWA-9000S are the most recent speakers in the same range as the 8500S, and are the most readily available as a result. Both will work fine, but you're better off leaning towards the 9000S. Enjoy!
0 Likes
Jonathan42
First Poster
Options

Hi can anyone help me on how to connect swa-9000s rear to my hw-q60r soundbar

0 Likes
happy123
Explorer
Options

Hi have you tried anything your self to set them up as at first yes it's a bit daunting but actually when you have them paired you will say to your self well that was easy I know the soundbar booklet says SWA-8500 and I went straight for the SWA-9000 set them up as it says in the booklet so this is the reason I asked if you have tried anything but if you want help still just give me a shout 

0 Likes
wind_jackal
First Poster
Options

Hi. I'm thinking about getting this exact same setup, HW-Q60R with SWA-9000S, and came across your post. I'm just a little confused about how adding the wireless speakers affects the setup. The bar is advertised as being 5.1 already on it's own, so does adding the wireless speakers turn it into a 7.1 setup? Or does the bar become 3.1 and direct the other two channels to the newly connected wireless speakers to give you a "true" 5.1 setup, and if that's the case why get this over the HW-R650 with the same wireless speakers for almost $100 less?

0 Likes
happy123
Explorer
Options

Hi I understand what your asking and saying so I will be as honest as I can if you use just the HW-Q60R on its own for some unknown reason the sound out of the  HW-Q60R is in my opinion not as good when watching a film or sports but that's only my opinion but by adding the SWA-9000S wireless speaker kit for the back speakers you will find they really do sound brilliant my Mrs sits to the side of the setup and the TV and I sit facing the TV and when you watch a film or football, for instance, you truly do get a beast of surround sound coming out you can hear a racing car on the soundbar but when the car goes to the left or right you can truly get the surround sound out of the  SWA-9000S coming out the rear speakers and also if you watch a film that is gunfights well try the matrix film  and you will hear the difference from just having the soundbar then add the HW-Q60R well you get the drift but that's my opinion and everyone is different but me its definitely worth the extra money personally I recommend adding them and they took me with my partners help about 15 to 20 minutes to setup but someone else may only take 10 minutes or less so I hope I have helped a bit but like I say no one is the same 

0 Likes
Miniman1
Journeyman
Options
Do you know if swa 9000 will work with hw q70r soundbar... ???
0 Likes