Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-N850 Won't Pair with SmartThings

(Topic created on: 14-03-2019 01:50 PM)
Enverex
Explorer
Options

This soundbar refuses to pair with my network via WiFi. I downloaded the app (which requires far more permissions that is acceptable, btw) and tried to pair it. It gets to 44% and then fails saying that "Couldn't add device. The device isn't responding". I've tried several times, I've even tried on both my 2.4Ghz and 5.2Ghz networks, same result.

It shouldn't be a "weird password" issue; My WiFi password is only 9 characters long at the moment which is 1 more character than the absolute minimum, so that's not going to be the cause, it's also only letters.

I've reinstalled the app. I've also just installed the firmware update that appeared the other day (although it had no changelog so no ideas what that changed) but that hasn't helped.

Any ideas what may be the issue?

63 REPLIES 63
Huzzey
First Poster
Options

Exact same thing happening to me, so frustrating...

0 Likes
LukeMason
Student
Options

have your sound bar on the wifi mode waiting. Let me know if that works :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
Enverex
Explorer
Options

I had mine set to Wifi each time anyway as that was listed as part of the walkthrough.

0 Likes
flatduck
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem.  It turns out it is device specific.  I used a different Android device and it worked fine for the setup.  Then I was able to use it with all of my devices.

Now, however, I have a new problem.  The soundbar will work just fine with Alexa for a while, then it stops working.  I get a soundbar is unreachable message.  I've tried powering it off and back on and I have verified that I have the latest firmware and the soundbar is connected to the internet.

0 Likes
winebae
Explorer
Options

The capture doesn't seem like your phone was not connected to your WiFi or the target product selection was not a soundbar though.

Why don't you reset the soundbar and try it again? (Press and hold "+"&"-" at a same time for 5 secs)

When I failed my setup, I found that the settings of SmartThings did not show me option to select available all were grey.

After off and on my iPhone6, it showed me available(the green coloured option..) and everything went smoothly.

0 Likes
Enverex
Explorer
Options

The screenshots show WiFi as connected, not sure what you mean by "the target product selection was not a soundbar" given that it explicitly asks if I want to add the model of soundbar I have when I open the app (so it's clearly detected it). Resetting the soundbar as mentioned before doesn't help at all.

0 Likes
winebae
Explorer
Options

It's a bit strange that yours showed a mobile image compared to mine(a soundbar image) when I went through the setup... 

SB_setup.jpg

0 Likes
Enverex
Explorer
Options

I get a picture of a soundbar when it pops up with the "Would you like to connect?" message. My images in the first post are from the connection process past that point.

0 Likes
Lukem
First Poster
Options

I had this same issue with stopping at 39%.

I was originally trying to connect via my samsung phone, once i tried on my lenovo tablet it worked perfect. Go figure

0 Likes
WPB
Apprentice
Options
Exact same issue stopping at 39%. Anyone got any suggestion?
Tried resetting, firmware update, 2.4, 5ghz, hotspot, restarting router, 3 different devices (didn't even want to install on an iPad) ....
Nothing seems to work. Really frustrating, I just returned an LG SK10Y for another issue hoping the N950 would work better.
0 Likes