Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-N850 Won't Pair with SmartThings

(Topic created on: 10-11-2019 09:55 AM)
Enverex
Explorer
Options

This soundbar refuses to pair with my network via WiFi. I downloaded the app (which requires far more permissions that is acceptable, btw) and tried to pair it. It gets to 44% and then fails saying that "Couldn't add device. The device isn't responding". I've tried several times, I've even tried on both my 2.4Ghz and 5.2Ghz networks, same result.

It shouldn't be a "weird password" issue; My WiFi password is only 9 characters long at the moment which is 1 more character than the absolute minimum, so that's not going to be the cause, it's also only letters.

I've reinstalled the app. I've also just installed the firmware update that appeared the other day (although it had no changelog so no ideas what that changed) but that hasn't helped.

Any ideas what may be the issue?

63 REPLIES 63
Miie
First Poster
Options

I Also have problemen with adding my soundbar to the smarthings app also stuck at 39% 

Shillam
First Poster
Options

Same issue here, getting to 98% everytime and never completing.

Solved it by turning off 'Band steering' on the Wifi

0 Likes
perttus
First Poster
Options

I had exactly the same issue and I finally managed to connect the Soundbar with SmartThings Android app by manually adding Microphone permissions for the app. I didn't prompt it at all, only Location was allowed before.

0 Likes
GlacierStone
First Poster
Options

This also worked for me. Kept getting stuck at 'register'.

Had to update firmware via the USB stick. Then followed WPB's instructions. Sign out and delete smart things app, turn off internet, turn off router, turn off soundbar. Wait like 30 seconds. Turn on internet, turn on router, turn on soundbar, install app, sign into app, connect to soundbar. Give it 30 seconds between each of these steps.

0 Likes