Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-N850 Arc HDMI 1 issue

(Topic created on: 12-07-2019 05:33 PM)
RDragon
Apprentice
Options

Current set up Xbox one x to hdmi 1 soundbar to hdmi arc to tv one connect box hdmi 4 arc. Tv is a KS800060 and when I turn on the Xbox one x it turn on the tv, soundbar and cable which is connect pass through via the Xbox and always have find the soundbar remote to change to hdmi1 so I can get the Xbox cable video signal and run the tv. Is there a setting to have all turn on and stay at hdmi 1 so I don’t have to looking for the soundbar remote and switch it from tv arc to hdmi 1 every time????

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
Phew, I know that newer TV's automagically use the HDMI-arc but older ones won't. You might wish to try to turn HDMI-CEC on, that might help :smiling-face:
0 Likes
RDragon
Apprentice
Options

Is already on it turns on with the tv but it won’t switch or stay in hdmi 1 to get the signal from my Xbox one x it goes into tv arc input what ever that means 

0 Likes
RDragon
Apprentice
Options

Line is already on it uses arc but won’t display anything till hdmi1 is selected 

0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
What is the full serial number of your TV and/or release data. I can't find it with a quick search query but I suspect its an older TV that is not capable of automatically detecting it.
0 Likes
RDragon
Apprentice
Options

My tv is a 60KS8000 maybe my problem is the sound bar is connected wrong I don’t know all I know I always have switch it to hdmi 1 on the soundbar to get the image should then sound bar auto select it since it’s the only video source to it 

0 Likes
RDragon
Apprentice
Options
I tried switching the Xbox straight to the tv and the sound bar to the tv via arc hdmi and it turns on and video display but the Xbox won’t send the Dolby Atmos signal like that unless is connected straight to the sound bar
0 Likes
vitalyg149
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, with my soundbar, but this has nothing to do with the sound bar. The same issue is with other soundbars. It’s the issue with the TV CEC/ARC. It’s not that smart and it thinks that bar should be on TV/ARC and it switches it. There is no fix or solution for it, Samsung, LG and others won’t fix it so stop asking. The only way to fix it is to use tv as a switch but you can’t get Atmos to pass because your TV does not support it. Atmos requires eARC, its coming next year, they want you to be frustrated until you get a new TV and they get their money$$$.

They can easily fix it with a function that locks input or remembers input and ignores TV.... but they won’t because it cost extra to have someone code this into the bar... needs to be tested $$$.

Stop searching there is no fix.

0 Likes