Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HW-MS650 with SWA9000 speaker kit issues

(Topic created on: 19-04-2018 07:12 AM)
BuzzH
Apprentice
Options

Hello all, I have recently purchased the HS-MS650 from currys and also treated myself to the SWA9000 rear speaker kit.

I installed multiroom on my phone and updated the sound Bar.

Pluged in all power leads as instructed and went through the connection procedure for the speakers, flashing blue light.

I couldn't connect, turned off the soundbar and speaker kit went to bed.

With frustration the next morning powered them both on went through the proceedure and hay presto solid blue light, system was amaizing.

Couple of days passed and I noticed a solid red light on the speaker unit, reset the unit with button on the back and I have had a blinking blue light since, can't connect, I have tried everything, please can anyone help are the units faulty?

much obliged

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Muldersp
Student
Options

I have exactly the same problem, the speakers keep "forgetting" they are connected and have to do a manual reset every time i turn them on.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Gaz4d
First Poster
Options

hi.

yes the same has just started happening for me.

the 1st week, no issues whatsoever.

This week, the rear speakers just cut out for no reason, and you have the red light on the rear speaker connecting hub.

You tgen have to go through the process of resetting the hub, ID Set on the Soundbar, then manually switch on.

This has now happened to me 2 or 3 times in the past 4 days.

0 Likes
Solution
Muldersp
Student
Options

Hi All,

I managed to resolve my connectivity issues by connecting the soundbar to the TV via HDMI Arc instead of bluetooth. Since doing that the rear speakers have remained linked to the soundbar. 

Hope that helps.

/m

Wannes
First Poster
Options

I first bought the 650 soundbar with the 9000s promotion. After that I bought the swa700 sub. I received the sub few weeks before the surround set. Everything worked fine. Until I connecties the surround set. I constantly get a red light. I use the tv arc option.

0 Likes
Solution
BuzzH
Apprentice
Options

Gents, don't know whether lucky or not but try this.

Reset the sound bar to factory settings, this can be done by, https://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?from_osc=&homeid=464999....

turn off both speakers and sound bar and discontect the WiFi dongle, I left for nearly 2 days.

Reconnect the soundbar power dont turn on, but if automatic don't have T.V on if connected to ARC, discounnect HDMI or TOS link, Optical, first.

Plug the WiFi dongle in to the port on soundbar but make sure the plug is pushed on quite firmly.

Power on speakers SWA 9000, blue light flashes.

Then press and hold the VOL button on remote for soundbar, wait for "ID SET"

after 2-3 seconds press the on button on the sound bar and wait for connection to turn solid blue.

it worked i have been connected now for 2 days and unplugged rear speaker to move it to the correct position in my room.

Most important thing I forgot to say, DO not connect the soundbar to your home WiFi or at this stage use multi room, I think that due to the routers settings the IP addresses automatically  conflicts with the SAMSUNG dongle.

Hope this makes sence.

good luck

HRCHIC
First Poster
Options

THANKYOU SO MUCH!!

0 Likes
Jim8
First Poster
Options

Hi I can’t get id to come on my hwms650 trying to connect speaker kit I press and hold volume button but no id comes on

0 Likes
Jim8
First Poster
Options
It’s ok I got it sorted
0 Likes
gaz12
First Poster
Options

Hi Jim please could you talk me through how you managed to sort this out 

0 Likes