Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-MS550 Soundbar stuck in D.IN

(Topic created on: 23-07-2019 06:48 PM)
pumplechump
Apprentice
Options

HW-MS550 is connected to QE75Q6FNAT and was working ok, connected by HDMI arc. Yesterday all power to house was turned off, on reinstating power I found that TV worked fine using its own speaker but the soundar was in D.IN source and will not move to any other source. Tried power on off etc , removed all cables to soundbar and held down various buttons on remote, held in + and - on side of soundbar , new HDMI cable...... nothing seems able to move soundbar to different source, just stuck on D.IN. Any help greatly appreciated!

28 REPLIES 28
AndrewL
Options
@pumplechump: If you press the Source button to the right of the volume buttons on the soundbard, or on the remote, are you able to switch to HDMI? If you disconnect the HDMI cable, switch on the soundbar and TV and then reconnect the cable in the HDMI ARC port of both devices, does 'TV ARC' appear in the display?
0 Likes
pumplechump
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

nothing happens when pressing the source button just stays on D.IN.

Again when disconnecting the HDMI cable, repowering then reconnecting HDMI ARC port on  both devices , nothing happens, just stays on D.IN in soundbar display

AndrewL
Options
@pumplechump: It may be the case that the power outage has caused an issue with the soundbar. Based on the nature of the fault I recommend visiting an authorised Samsung Support Centre to arrange for an engineer to inspect the device. To find your nearest one please check the link below, select 'TV&AV > Soundbar/Soundtower' and enter your post code.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/
0 Likes
Squireafd
First Poster
Options
Sansung doesn't know how to fix it especially the authorized repair
0 Likes
vlinh78
First Poster
Options

I met the same problem with this MS550. It seems this is a common error on this type of product and Samsung has no way to fix this. I only use this for only 1 years, after warranty time, it stuck into D.IN error, so sad.

0 Likes
Bert4315
First Poster
Options

I have also a problem rekated to the quality of the sound bar. I try to connect the unit to my wifi network for the multiroom app. I tried several times, different locations, other wifi connections, but no results at all!! The only wifi connection is thru the second option, a direct connection to the sound bar!  That is not my goal. I want to connect a set  of swa-8500s speakers to give a better sound qualty.

not any results, can you help?

Bert

0 Likes
Max131
First Poster
Options
Mel jsem ten samy problem odpovedi jsem se tu nedockal. Po mnoha pokusech jsem vyresil sam nejak zahadne samsung nastaveni zvukovy vystup hledat zarizeni samozrejme to nic nenaslo. Zkuste zapnout soundbar kanal TV a zapnout znovu vyhledavani a sledovat obrazovku i potom co nic nenasla po nejake dobe se sama televize zepta zdali se ma pripojit k soudbaru nechapu to ale uz mi to funguje. Snad vam to pomuze
0 Likes
MrFitzy
First Poster
Options
0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

.Have the same issue locked in D.IN  mode. Source on remote or soundbar does not work. Had this issue out of the box. Got annoyed packed it away. And that's on a brand new Samsung q90r soundbar.

Tried it again. Bingo worked source worked connected to smart things. Updated firmware and bang same issue. Locked in D In mode and nothing works