Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K960 issues that needs fixing! Expensive device with cheap quality

(Topic created on: 05-02-2018 11:08 AM)
probain
First Poster
Options

These are the issues that I've noticed with my K960 soundbar. Let me begin with saying that when it acctually works, the sound is great. But for such an extremely expensive device, these issues are VERY disapointing. 

• Surround Speakers & Subwoofer disconnects for 5-10seconds intermittenly.
  • Surround Speakers & Subwoofer disconnects completely until main soundbar is power-cycled.
  • Samsung Multiroom Android app identifies the K960 as a K950!?
  • Only 50mhz passthrough on HDMI (nowhere is this listed as a limitation).

With Samsungs history of software updates, I've completely lost confidence that they'll acctually fix these issues. They've shipped their product, and after that no support will be given. Several of the above mentioned issues are very well known within both the company and community alike. What baffles me is that this very expensive product is shipped with little to no quality assurance what so ever. 

An actually good firmware update would most likely solve most problems. Or at least aleviate them enough not to be so annoying. Unfortunately, I've passed the return window. So I can't return this soundbar. However, hopefully somebody will read this post, and rethink their potential purchase of this underwhelming product. Even at half the price, it's to expensive for it to have these blatant horrible flaws.

3 REPLIES 3
Nethiro
Student
Options

I have the same problem. This must be an known issue for Samsung. But I am also loosing patience with their follow up of products. 

I have been buying samsung products for many years, due to the fact that they are good products. I have samsung TV, speakers, mobile phones and pads. But there is little to no updates and follow ups. My speakers are disconnecting. My TV has hade issues with apps and the software have not been updated in over a year. And this is a two year old tv.  

I am getting really disappointed and are considering going over to a new brand.

0 Likes
Nethiro
Student
Options

Well, Samsung does not care about customer support. And never has. They make products so bad, they know there is no point trying to give service to their customers. I had an Samsung TV, Samsung HW-K960, Samsung phone, Samsung smart things, Samsungs tabs and more on. Now, I do not buy another Samsung product. And I never will do again. Unless they prove me that they take care of their customers. I used so much money on Samsung, but do not get anything back. When I try to contact their support, all I get is "contact your seller" and the seller laughs and tells me to contact Samsung. Well, I am done with this s... company!

0 Likes
Nethiro
Student
Options

Oh, and if you wonder. I have had this piece of ***** plastic called HW-K960. It is not worth is weight in plastic. If I did not know better, I would think it was made in Russia. Always disconnecting. Always trouble.

0 Likes