Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 07-12-2016 01:35 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi Scott

Yeah I have uhd colour enabled for hdmi one. 

Lee. 

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

According to Samsung our tvs can process DD plus and DTS hd 5.1. When connected to bluray player, ideally, neither the tv or soundbar shoyld be processing anything.

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options
>When the soundbar is connected to tv it is just another speaker that will output whatever sound it is told to output.

No. It has on board DTS 2.0 decoder and dolby 5.1 decoder. If you pass a dolby signal from your TV using optical or ARC it's the Soundbar that does the decoding.
It downmixes DTS 5.1 to DTS 2.0, because it only has licensing for DTS 2.0.
0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi Scott

Our TV's can definitely accept DD and Dts signals. They can also accept PCM. They then down sample to two channel if played through the TV speakers. It's an interesting thought that if output via WiFi to the soundbar and surround speakers that you might get 5.1 from PCM as the TV is decoding. I think I did try this out though with a 5.1 test file and didn't get full channel separation. However, I will try it again just to be sure. Maybe some other people can give it a go as well.  

Lee 

Lee 

0 Likes
Neilwales
Explorer
Options
Guys, guys,
You are all missing the point here getting bogged down again in technicalities. PCM, Bitstream, yada, yada. There has been no update to firmware hence no fix via WiFi output to rear speakers. Simple. Stick to the program. We are awaiting a definite fix and I am sure that Samsung would also want to shout this from the rooftops to silence the critics...us. An recent update to the multi room app made no difference. To me the only fix is either a firmware update to the soundbar or TV or a recall on all products. Loving your enthusiasm but at the end of the day it is still broken guys.
0 Likes
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options
yes i completely agree with you..im going to john lewis tomorrow as a prospective customer interested in purchasing this fantastic set up and will see if they can set up this masterpiece
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Just something else to chat about while we wait. Lol 😁 

scott
Explorer
Options
Soundconnect is a form of bluetooth. If you are trying to connect surrounds to soundbar you need to go to multiroom settings in tvs sound settings.
0 Likes
Askarel
First Poster
Options

@scott wrote:

When I change volume with tv remote there is a soundbar with 2 speakers and either a + or - next to it. On the soundbar numbers go up and down indicating volume change. 

It sounds really good in wifi M.CH mode. Every bit as good as optical, maybe better. Definitely bassier from subwoofer.

Nothing has changed for me.
I had exactly the same thing when it worked two weeks ago.  + or - on the TV next to the symbol k650 + 2ch and the numbers on the sound bar. The next day, everything came back as before, and nothing worked. One day over 6 months ... should I be happy?

0 Likes
Askarel
First Poster
Options

But I do not know how to access this configuration again.

0 Likes