Open search

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

Highlighted
Explorer
got it

should i be playing bitstream or pcm?
Highlighted
Navigator

No change for me at all. Rears are still quiet with Soundconnect. 

Highlighted
Apprentice

Normally I select bitstream for hdmi output and pcm for audio format but I have bluray player setup to output pcm because it sounds better when the tv doesnt have to process the audio.

That dolby test tones file was playing loud and clear 5.1 separate channels before when surrounds were silent from other sources.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Dont use soundconnect select [AV] Samsung Soundbar k650+2ch(wi-fi).

Highlighted
Navigator
This is called Soundconnect also if you select pcm for audio format in your TV, you are not getting Dolby, only a mess of channels bleeding into each other.
Highlighted
Apprentice

Pcm is the gold standard of audio.

Highlighted
Pathfinder

Hi

Won't be home until tomorrow to test

Has there been an update to firmware or am I missing something  

Highlighted
Apprentice

Multiroom app was updated recently but didnt notice a change in wifi performance till this morning.

Highlighted
Navigator

If i select PCM as audio format, channels are a mess when i'm playing Frauhoffer dolby test file from the tv. 

Sure it sounds loud, but it's not a real surround. 

No update yet Robbie.

Highlighted
Navigator

Hi all

I am sure this has been mentioned many times but PCM multi channel will not get passed through the TV to the sound bar. Only 2 channel PCM can. You must use bitstream. Also the K650 does not accept multi channel PCM. Its in the specs and I have double checked this by out putting PCM directly into the soundbar via Hdmi.

Top Liked Authors