Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 07-12-2016 01:35 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Satty
First Poster
Options

Hi guys I've recently bought this same setup following black Friday and am waiting on stock of the HWK651. I'm very concerned by this whole thing and am now wondering if it's best to return the sound bar and rear speakers and buy a more traditional setup with av amp. 

Since this issues seems to start following a firmware update. Is it possible to stop the soundbar from updating once setup. As it seems to what from everyone is saying work fine out of the box in surround mode. 

I'm due delivery next week so would be keen to know before then. Already have the tv which im very happy with. 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hi. 

You can turn off auto update in the Samsung multi room app. 

The only problem you may have is the wifi issues (which where resolved with a previous update)  may be present in the factory firmware, and trust me you don't want those issues either. I suffered with continual dropping out of wifi, and having to constantly reset everything almost each day. 

We are currently on 3108 and this appears to be the problem update with regards to using the radiant speakers in surround mode. 

You can download the 3107 firmware from the web site and do a manual update from memory stick leaving auto updates turned off, but I can't say the sound issues aren't present in some form in the 3107 firmware.

Without the firmware issue it's a great peice of kit, but unfortunately ruined by an updates and further denials of Samsung there is even an issue.

Hope this helps.  

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options

Not much happens at weekend so I'm going to give Samsung this week to at least give us a progress update.

as long as they accept there is an issues and are actively working on it I'll stick with them. But I don't have long before my month is up.

0 Likes
Bryantay
Explorer
Options

Satty, If it were me, I would return it. I don't feel confident this will be fixed anytime soon.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Agree with Bryanty........... This sound issue has been going on for almost 3 months for me and still no closer to them even admitting the firmware problem let alone fixing it. 

Trying to keep some impartiality but it's impossible. 

0 Likes
Bryantay
Explorer
Options

Robbienobs, I also noticed this a while back. If you go into expert setting on the TV and set the surround speakers to NONE then the sound through the soundbar returns to its original good quality. there is a minor issue with that however. when running it this way the sound on my soundbar is pretty loud. for example i have to keep the volume level on 3-4 when casually watching. If at that point go back and add the surrounds back in you have to turn the sound up to like 40 to hear the bad sound again.

if you use the soundbar through TV Connect (bluetooth mode) then the sound level is usually on 25-35 for casual watching. Curious if you notice the same thing.

0 Likes
Bryantay
Explorer
Options
7 months for me. I first reported this in the US forums in July.
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks Bryantay, 

Yes I have noticed the volume issue in wifi/multichannel mode when using only soundbar; quality is back to as it should be but volume increases quickly on lower numbers. 

I have just tried TV Connect mode and have the same as yourself....... Volume levels are adjusted to be more user friendly as you said with good sound quality still. 

Didn't think of just deselecting the radiant speakers in TV settings instead of unplugging. 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Wow 7 months that's a long time! 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Just a thought Bryantay, 

When using the multichannel/WiFi with just soundbar, it seems as though the volume is working on the old 0 to 50 volume numbers but still displaying 0 to 100

0 Likes