Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 07-12-2016 01:35 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
scott
Explorer
Options

I dont get any sound from surrounds when repeater mode is on. Had to turn it off then switch to tv speakers then back to soundbar+ surrounds.

Repeater mode comes up when tapping one of my r1's in advanced settings>network settings.

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options

I can confirm that my repeater settings were off. I just tapped on a speaker a bunch of times in the network settings and eventually the "hidden" repeater menu appeared.

0 Likes
Kevlarr
Explorer
Options

Hi Guys,
First off, Happy New Year to all. (If you can ever be happy on a product support forum :smileyhappy:)

Following on from the previous post. As repeater mode is in a hidden menu I think it would be off unless you went in and changed it. See my post on page 100 on how to get to it.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/uk-tv/page/100/thread-id/56
I've got no idea what use it could be for but if you want to experiment with it then my advice would be...

DO NOT ENABLE THIS MODE AND THEN UPDATE THE APP IN CASE THIS OPTION IS REMOVED.

I've got a couple of questions if anyone can help?

If like me you have auto update turned off (on everything) for fear of an unwanted update, I manually check every now and then so...
My TV is a UK ks8000, current firmware is 1201 and it reports that no updates are available. Samsung UK shows ver 1208.2 dated 15 Nov, 2017 is available. Is anyone on a version lower than 1208 and TV is not finding an update? Is anyone on 1208 with improvements/problems?

My R1's are on 3114.3 Samsung support site shows  R1 speaker firmware ver 3116.0 dated 29 Sep, 2017 is available. Has anyone updated to this?

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options

My R1’s are on 3117, still crappy low volume in surround sound.

0 Likes
Kevlarr
Explorer
Options

My post seems to have disappeared. If it doesn't come back on I'll try it again later rather than chance a double post.

0 Likes
Monkfish
Journeyman
Options

I feel this a bit like Stephen King's IT, and it's now 27 years later - every now and again there is a new "hopeful" / victim. 

Anyone that reads this thread in the future - your firmare will not be updated, there is no good solution - please return your stuff to the shop. 

0 Likes
Maverick9144
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

Not sure which is the reason, but the low volume on rear speakers when in surround mode has been fixed for me recently, either when I upgraded the R1 firmware to version 3117 (not published on website, but forcing an update from the app will trigger the update), or when I switched from a 5 GHz to a 2.4 GHz wifi connection.

0 Likes
Bryantay
Explorer
Options

Make sure you don't have PCM set in your TV Audio settings..  This will give the impression that the center channel and  rear sound has been fixed but you won't get actual surround sound. Just Stereo sound split among your rears.

0 Likes
Maverick9144
Journeyman
Options

I cannot find this "PCM" option, but instead there is a "Passthrough" option, which is currently enabled, and I think that's the same as having PCM disabled.

0 Likes
frankub85
First Poster
Options

Noticed something:

set up:

Samsung HW-K650 + 2 R5 speakers

In multichannel mode over wifi - if i turn up the volume with the remote control of the samsung smart tv the volume goes up on all speakers - while if i turn up the volume with the soundbar controller, the R5 speakers go immediately half the volume of the soundbar speaker. Is this normal? i have to go back to the tv controller turn the volume down to zero and than bring it back up and it is all level on all three speakers. 

Another thing, on the multiroom app i am in surround mode (5ch), i have set up the balance to max for the rear speakers and mid for soundbar. 

All good so far.  

What do you guys think? 

0 Likes