Support

Open search

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

Highlighted
Pathfinder

Hi lee

Podavies has sent your email to me but thanks. 

Tried it and it's best one I have tried, but still slight crossover on testing right/left front to sub (but only slight) 

The centre and two rears are clear as a bell with no crossover to sub

Highlighted
Explorer

I sent it. :-)

Highlighted
Pathfinder

Yes agree Podavies

Your not off the hook Samsung we still need a permanent fix! 

Highlighted
Navigator

Hi all

Mine still powers on and off with the TV  have you got the Bluetooth power option turned on still? 

Also for some reason mine doesn't break the group when I change source  my speakers are connected through a Samsung hub. is anyone else using the hub? 

Lee

Highlighted
Pathfinder

Hi Lee, 

Have tried with BT on and off and bar still won't turn off/on with TV which is strange if it's working for you. I thought power down worked from wifi connection to TV :(

I have a hub but it's up in cupboard; bought it originally on Samsung's advise to resolve wifi issue the bar had originally...... Didnt work and then they fixed it with a firmware update 

Highlighted
Navigator

Hi Robbie

My WiFi router is quite old and only has 2.4 so the hub works great for me as it's 5ghz. I hope Samsung do cone up with a fix as we now know it can work ok through the optical. no joy over WiFi or Hdmi though.makes me wonder if it the sound bar or the TV firmware causing the problem  

Highlighted
Pathfinder

Thanks for your help Lee. Will try my hub tomorrow and post results. 

In my view it's the sound bar firmware as the sound quality issues for me started when the soundbar received an update. And samsung confirmed when I called them,  that the tv firmware was about a month old at the time. Same time the 0 to 100 volume started and when volume numbers appeared on TV instead of soundbar. 

Imcedently my TV received an update to 1154 today but it's not helped any so is probably unassociated with our issues. 

Highlighted
Pathfinder

Hi all

It's now turning off and on with the tv without a hub,  but it has developed an echo on the rear speakers after its been on for a few hours......... Grrrrr

Have to switch off rear speakers and re group to stop it echoing. 

Starting to annoy me having to use the soundbar control as well as TV control. 

Hope they sort this all out as it's a really messy set up. 

Highlighted
Navigator

Hi Robbie

So strange how they are different  I have have had mine on all last night  at least six hours with no problems and has been on tonight since five again with no problems. I still want a fix though as it would be nice to use just the one controller  

Lee

Highlighted
Pathfinder

Hi Lee, 

Must be a setting we have different then maybe. I will have a play around with it and may even do a full reset of everything and see if this helps.

Samsung in the US confirmed on their forum that sub woofer settings where changed when people complained about rear speakers being too quiet........... It's my guess this is the same firmware update that messed up the sound quality. 

Top Liked Authors