Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 08-11-2018 05:56 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Richierich99
Pathfinder
Options

Yet that'sanother problem that you can't select movie music mode etc..neither can you select surround or use the upfireing speakers....

I've heard about using optical aswell but how would that work with the r3s...

Bit of a ***** product really always some limitation! I mean this is 2018 and I've spent thousands on this Samsung tech.

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options

Hello, 

You can connect R3s in Samsung multiroom app for Android or PC (pc one is *****).

In that app click on three dots near Ms750 and click "surround" or something like that (I have it in my native language so not sure what's there in English app) then drag your R3s to the left and right rear channel. You can also adjust volume there, put them both on +6.

If you have ms750 with the additional subwoofer I strongly recommend you to get dedicated Swa 9000 rear speakers. Theres a mismatch in volume levels with MS Line Soundbars and R3s, and you lose all the additional options for the Soundbar on your remote (like surround, movie etc, even treble/bass settings won't work), so you won't even get those virtual height channels to work. It all works with Swa 9000 speakers, and since you already have the sub you won't need additional wifi dongle.

Also adding subwoofer changes Soundbar's crossover, so I guess it will all be messed up with R3s as rears. 

0 Likes
Richierich99
Pathfinder
Options

So if I buy the swa 9000 rear speakers,how does it connect as a surround ( WIFI ? ) as my soundbar will be in hdmi arc ?

Do I still have to use the multiroom app and group them together ?.

Thx for all the replays much appreciated 👍

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options
You just pair it with the Soundbar the same way you did with Swa 700 sub. They use the same wifi dongle and connect directly to the Soundbar, so the whole thing - ms750+SWAW700+SWA9000 works together as one.
You can increase their volume or even turn them off via your soundbars remote. They automatically power up with your Soundbar.
It's all in the manual, very easy to set up and works every time unlike R3s.

I still have my R3s right next to Swa 9000. I have them paired in stereo mode, and listen to music with them, I think they sound great, but thanks to Samsungs "great" coding and software support he whole experience with them as rears is just way too annoying.

Oh and and one more thing. This was game breaking for me.
If you use R3s as surround with Soundbar plugged in via hdmi ARC or Optical there's a huge lipsync issue. Something around 200-250 ms delay that you can't adjust.
If you connect the Soundbar and R3s via wifi the delay is still there, but not as annoying (around 80-100ms),but with wifi connection it won't play DTS5. 1.
Multichannel DTS only works with HDMI for some reason.
0 Likes
Richierich99
Pathfinder
Options

That sounds more like it plug and play.....

Yer I've noticed the Lipsyc bloody annoying..

Well gotta try and convince the wife lol...

Only had the r3s for around 2 months and never hardly used them cause if the bloody WiFi drop outs,the soundbar via WiFi is ok, might take them back to Currys and say they just don't work.

Thx for quick reply much appreciated 👍

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hi Guys, 

Remember me! How are you guys and your K650? 

Not been on here for a while as mine has been working fine with little issue. I recently changed from by BT Home hub to a TP-LINK router to get more signal distance, but now having big issues with connection and slow volume change, so may have to revert back to the BT Hub. I think it's an issue with 2.4ghz as it doesn't have 5ghz which is what I had the BT set up on. I think this just goes to show how important the router is in all this. 

Started to notice a small glitch on Netflix too where the sound skips for half a second. 

0 Likes
Leg2ion
Pathfinder
Options

Got a 650 with 2 x R1s hooked up - with no major issues. Occasionally I have to reset the 650 as the TV fails to find it on the network.

I moved the R1s and 650 onto the 5ghz (BT Router) channel as most of my other kit is on the 2.4, so wanted to separate the speakers into a dedicated area. I was getting the odd sound skip on the 2.4, but normally this would only occur when watching a bluray - not on any streaming service.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks, I think I will have the BT hub for the surround and TV on 5ghz, and have everything else on the TP-LINK.

Hopefully that will fix the Netflix issue and slow volume. 

0 Likes
Leg2ion
Pathfinder
Options

I have noticed that when searching for wifi networks through the multiroom app my TV appears to have its own network, so maybe its worth trying to connect to that as a more dedicated channel? Will give it a go when family is out to avoid the usual 'this will only take 5 minutes' - 2 hours later scenario...

When I swapped over to 5ghz I think I ended up resetting all my speakers, and I have also changed the sound settings on the TV to bitstream for the HDMI in, and dolby for the other setting. Whether that makes any difference god knows, but seems to be fine.

Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks, 

I am back on BT Hub now and everything seems fine. Now have the TP-LINK router set up as a repeater to give me better distance for tv's in bedrooms. 

For anyone else on latest BT home hub; I did notice that when I set my BT home hub up that it comes with 3 modes. Mode 1 is factory preset but the surround sound doesnt like it (drop outs and slow volume control). 

If I change it to mode 2 everything is fine. Mode 2 is stated to be slightly less fast and WiFi distance is reduced compared to using mode 1. 

Now everything is fine it proves to me that the k650 in multi channel surround mode with R1's does not work well with a tp-link w9970; mainly I think because it only has 2.4ghz. 

0 Likes