Support

Open search

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

Explorer

Make sure you don't have PCM set in your TV Audio settings..  This will give the impression that the center channel and  rear sound has been fixed but you won't get actual surround sound. Just Stereo sound split among your rears.

Apprentice

I cannot find this "PCM" option, but instead there is a "Passthrough" option, which is currently enabled, and I think that's the same as having PCM disabled.

Noticed something:

set up:

Samsung HW-K650 + 2 R5 speakers

In multichannel mode over wifi - if i turn up the volume with the remote control of the samsung smart tv the volume goes up on all speakers - while if i turn up the volume with the soundbar controller, the R5 speakers go immediately half the volume of the soundbar speaker. Is this normal? i have to go back to the tv controller turn the volume down to zero and than bring it back up and it is all level on all three speakers. 

Another thing, on the multiroom app i am in surround mode (5ch), i have set up the balance to max for the rear speakers and mid for soundbar. 

All good so far.  

What do you guys think? 

Apprentice

Hi Newbie, here hoping someone can give me a quick steer.

I have a hw-ms 650. I have just purchased an R6 did add a bit of back speaker. I own a 2017 samsung tv as well. I do not seem to be able to connect both the 650 and r6 simultaneously? the 650 is connected via a hdmi lead as well as potentially wifi.

I have down loaded the samsung multiroom app and both units connect to it on the same wifi network that the tv connects to. Both the 650 and the r6 appear in the app and using speaker selection on the tv i can listen to both units independantly but not together.

I can not select the multilink setting on the tv, i spoke to samsung and they told me i need to purchase another r6? i am loathe to do this as i am not after a 5.1 type solution, just wanted a bit of a sound out put behind me.

So any way to get the two units working together? any help appreciated, many thanks

Navigator

I think the surround option only shows up when you have at least two Radiant speakers connected.

You can still pair your soundbar with R6 as multiroom "Group" and listen to music like that, but you won't be able to play tv sound through it

Apprentice

Thanks for the information, thats a blow as i really didnt want to get into having to buy any more speakers as well as finding places were to fit them!

Thx

Explorer

I made the same mistake. You need two rear speakers for your setup to configure for surround sound. Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Apprentice

many thanks for the replies, just one other question, do i need to use another r6 or can i use a cheaper r1?

thx

Navigator

I don't think anyone here has two different types of speakers. R6 is the weird shaped one with a battery right?

My bet is that they would connect, but will probably sound weird as they are different speakers.

Be sure to buy somewhere you can return! 

Apprentice

many thx

Top Liked Authors