Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 12-12-2017 07:49 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
abob36
Pioneer
Options

Channels 36-48 are the non DFS ones. That is what works I beleive.

0 Likes
Kilo
Student
Options

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000292 EndHTML:000029418 StartFragment:000022555 EndFragment:000029275 StartSelection:000022768 EndSelection:000029241 SourceURL:https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/HW-K650-and-Two-R1-Wirelss-Speakers-in-5-1-With-K... and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV - Page 120 - Samsung Community

Re: HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

Haha. Well...

Apologies for the short reply. I was in my car and thought that a quick and short reply was better than a lengthy one that ended abruptly Smiley Happy

But the Wi-Fi channel is something set in your router. 

And if your router has both 5G (AC) and 2.4G then this is separate settings.

The soundbar and rears have proven issues if you use a channel for 5G outside the range of channel 36 to 48.

If you use 2.4ghz Wi-Fi then the channel used is of no problem.

Found it...! And I think it solved the problem. 

But, do we have another thread? Have not read much last couple of months, thougt the topic was dead. 

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options
I think people have basically given up? I dunno. I am not on the latest update as others have mentioned they had issues with volume again. So far I have been happy with whatever version I am on currently. Would love to hear others chime in on how things have been these past few months.
0 Likes
Kilo
Student
Options
Okey. Peejay84 wrote something about "replied in the other thread".

Well my system still gives me nightmares. It was the last update that once again killed my rears volume. I can hear them if I stand just beside them, but from my couch it´s still not enough. So sad because it all wokred just fine for a while. Turned of auto updates now becuase the system dels with spotify ok and so on. Don´t even know if Samsung looks into the problem or if they think everything is solved, or maybe just don´t care anymore beacuse nobody cares to complain.

Do we know if it´s the same problem if you connect the soundbar to the M-series? Saw some cheap M3 and M5s on Facebook Marketplace and thought that might solve the problem. Then I can just move the other rears to upstairs and use them for Spotify and for the tv as ordinary speakers.
0 Likes
Bryantay
Explorer
Options

I gave up...   My R3's are still sitting there pretending to be surrounds but I never use them anymore. Every once in a while I'll group them up as sorounds just to see if anything has change but it never does. All it does is make the soundbar sound thin (very little base) with VERY quite suround sound. I always go back to soundbar only.  

Whenever i get enough energy I'll be replacing all this for something else.

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options

Good to see the old gang back.

Not really sure if mine ever worked, mine are still sitting there looking pretty, but sometimes if i concerntrate really hard i catch snippet of sounds coming from my R1's.

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options

Hi Guys!

Kilo, my other thread was about MS650 with R3's as surround. It has some other problems, like the volume isn't scaling with the soundbar :winking-face: up to 50/100 soundbar is louder and beyond 50 R's are louder. It can be adjusted via multiroom though. 

I was also asking about real DTS 5.1 working only via HDMI, and didn't get the answer from Samsung rep ( i also tested K650 and DTS 5.1 doesn't work with HDMI like MS650, rears just stay quiet). 

As with K650 voices sounding thin (no subwoofer support for center channel). They still didn't add it, but they bumped the center channel volume a little so it sounds better.  

0 Likes
Kilo
Student
Options

Hm but....

Did we ever have someone trying the soundbar with a M3 or M5? Don´t thonk I ever read anything about it in this thread, and that might mean that it works fine with those ones? 

If I can make it all happen woth some already used M3s for maybe 500 sek each, about 50 Euros, that would be a pretty good solution...

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

Make sure that you dont have repeater mode enabled in the phones multiroom app.

Select advanced settings/network settings/tap one or the other r speakers 10 times and repeater mode toggle will show up. Make sure it is off for both r speakers. 

I think repeater mode is for people with large homes and many multiroom speakers that wan5 to listen to music throughout their home.

I tested repeater mode on and get no sound from my r1's as surrounds with repeater mode turned on.

0 Likes
Kilo
Student
Options

Scott, 

Never seen this setting before and can´t get the repeater mode toggle to show up in the app. 

But this will only make the volume go completely off or on? Or does it inpact the volume if you can hear the rears but you still think they are to low? 

0 Likes