Support

Open search

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

Navigator

The center channel is still broken... Also I don't remember updating the firmware but I'm on 3114.2, so it probably updated on its own

Apprentice

I turned off the auto-updates after the problem was fixed.
Just because of this BS.

Jase

Explorer

Hey Guys,  

Strangely enough after the upgrade my center channel seems to be working correctly now. Much better base in the voices.  Can't say much for the surrounds as they are still quite. Although i did hear a hint of them during Game Of Thrones last night (which i would never hear them in the past).

I'll be spending the next couple of days evaluating and report back.

Highlighted
Navigator

I just checked and I am also already on 3114.2 my surrounds still work perfectly though. Just out of curiosity I checked the Samsung website and 3114.2 was definitely only released yesterday so I'm not sure when my system updated as I have always had to manually update previously.  I have checked my volume which is now 0 to 100 and it is louder at lower volumes than before. I can still change source and adjust sub volume so I haven't lost that functionality as someone e else has.  It's all very strange 

Lee 

Navigator

Hi All

Just to confirm I am on the latest firmware and my system is still working well. Cant see any changes except that the volume is now 0 to 100. Have you updated Robbie? Some seem to be saying the volume on their rear speakers has gone but mine is still good.  

Lee 

Explorer
I shouldn't be updated as I turned that off. I will check when I get home to see what version I am on. I wonder if for whatever reason there is some difference between the US and EU models? That is the only thing I can think of why there would be differences between our experiences.

I love how they release these updates with no announcement or notes of what it is supposedly updating. Did we get DTS 5.1 support? Could that answer Bryantay's reason he hears the rears?
Pathfinder

Hi Lee

Not in UK until 22nd so can't test or see if mine has updated. 

I have dropped an email to samsung stating some reporting issues with rears and volume control reduction in capability and got below response.........

Dear Mr Hickey, upon receipt of your email I have raised this to our audio visual department for their comment and support. Either myself or my colleague will return to you as soon as possible to assist further.

Regards

First Poster
Due to my language my post yesterday was taken away.

Well. My system is totaly down now. Getting No sound what so ever from R1s, and the soundbar is after...

Why. Why. Why Samsung did you even have to make an update?
Explorer

Make sure you try a factory reset on everything before giving up (if you haven't already). TV may need to be reset as well and make sure everything is on same Wi-Fi, etc. You never know.

Explorer
I did have to reset my R3s and then re-add them for the TV to see all 3 at the same time.

Reset them by holding down the up and down volume buttons.
Top Liked Authors