Support

Open search

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

Navigator

Nooooooooo. I thought there would be no more updates. I'm too scared lol 

Apprentice

I was getting really good surround sound with my ubd-k8500 bluray player making the surround setup. Prior to 3114.2 volume was 0-50 when using bluray player . Now volume is 0-100 and soundbar is too loud and r1's are too quiet. 

Pathfinder

Oh no another corruptdate........... I haven't tried this yet. 

Would be handy If samsung gave some commentary along with the update....... List of bug fixes etc

Pathfinder

Oh no another corruptdate........... I haven't tried this yet.

Would be handy If samsung gave some commentary along with the update....... List of bug fixes etc

Highlighted
Navigator

Did anyone test if the center channel issue is still present? 

What about DTS 5.1? 

Navigator

I'm still to scared to try it Peejay. It's working ok at the moment.  If I update and it screws it up I will be gutted. Although I'm looking to upgrade to an atmos soundbar of some kind in the near future I still need this one working as well as possible until then lol. 

Lee 

Apprentice

Oh no.. not again. I'm not updating the soundbar!

Jase

First Poster
Samsung, you've killed the volume on the R1s again!

I was loving this kit after the last update, you've ruined it again!

Please, please, please fix it
First Poster
Whether I use optical lead or wifi, the volume is so low as to be pointless!
Apprentice

Lost a good bit of functionality with the soundbar remote after 3114. Can't change inputs, can't adjust subwoofer level which is way too loud now. Appears only on off, volume, mute and reset are the only options with the remote. 

Before the update, about 25 on the volume level was pretty good, now 12 seems too loud at times and the surround speakers are only audible at the correct level when volume level is about 45.

Too bad they can't have a microphone that you can place at the center of listening area that can calibrate volume levels in multichannel mode. 

At any rate, my system is no longer viable for surround sound. Prior to the update I was very happy with the surround sound. It did everything I needed it to do. My blurays sounded fantastic, both DTS and Dolby digital plus played 5.1 discretely when UBD-K8500 multilink created the speaker. Now for all intents and purposes it is only a 3.1 system because the volume level of the surround speakers did not concommitantly adjust to the volume format change of from 0-50 to 0-100.

Top Liked Authors