Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 05-07-2017 02:45 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options

@scott wrote:

I think it is because 1's and 0's are missing from the dd 5.1.

DD 5.1 is already a lower quality version of an original recording and if our tv's are not decoding properly the quality will be even worse.

You know, technology has improved to the point that they have to artificially reduce quality in order to maintain different pricing levels.  For example when you buy a bluray movie they usually include the dvd version as well. Presumably so you can compare the differences. The bluray version will usually have Dolby True HD, DTS MA orboth. The dvd version will usually have DD 5.1. The video quality of DVD is reduced from what you get on bluray also. DVD's and cable are considered low quality sources of audio and video. Quality audio is never accompanied by lower quality video. 

How does missing 1's and 0's lead to a lower volume? 

The TV does not decode the sound,  the internal source (Netflix) sends DD5.1,  the sounbar plays it.

Often a TV channel will have mono.  The TV or the soundbar makes it stereo (albeit pseduo) , but the volume remans the same. No issue.

Often a TV channel will have stereo.  The soundbar tries to it 5.1 (pseduo),  but the volume remans the same.

PCM is stereo as we established.  DD5.1 Netflix sends DD5.1 and if the TV convers that to stereo then it omits more components (it cant, by no amount of magic, invent new components) yet the sound volume does not go down.  Point is that your explanation is void of logic.

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options
0 Likes
Madtuts
Explorer
Options

What audio delay setting is everyone using with the wifi setup?

i have a KS8000

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi

Depends on the source. My Ps4 is set on 80. My xbox Obe is set on 0 as is my kodi box. 

Lee 

0 Likes
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options

@scott wrote:

Maybe it is Dolby volume control.

https://www.dolby.com/us/en/technologies/dolby-volume.html

Can Samsung,  Ryan,  tell us if Samsung TV's uses Dolby Sound.  If so.,  then according to your link,  the K650 is defective.

Ryan,  please comment. 

0 Likes
RyanM
Pathfinder
Options

@NotSamsung just dropped you a private message. Hopefully that will help! 

0 Likes
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options

@RyanM wrote:

@NotSamsung just dropped you a private message. Hopefully that will help! 

Thanks.  You did drop me a message but you did not answer my question, nor any of my previous questions.  

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

Anyone else having trouble updating radiant 360's to 3114?

Keeps saying update failed.

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi Scott

What ones have you got? R1's? Is this a new update just released? Would be well worried in case it messes up the volume issue again. 

Lee 

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

Yes, I have the r1's. I am still having the volume issue. The soundbar firmware upgrade did not solve the issue for my hw-k650 and 2 r1's.

0 Likes