Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 28-06-2017 09:31 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Peejay84
Navigator
Options

I think it's a DTS version of surround upmix like Dolby Prologic (fake surround created from a stereo track) 

0 Likes
GliMM
Journeyman
Options

@Kilo wrote:
A little update if anybody remember my issues from last week.

Some magic, just turned in the tv a few hours and it just worked over optical. But wifi, still volume issues.

Read about other swedes here still also having volume issues over wifi? Might be a problem with our versions tvs/soundbars then?

But for me it's ok having the optical workaround up and running. If I have to do some regrouping now and then, also not and big thing for me. I just don't have the energi to be angry anymore.

Hey Kilo

Send me a PM with instructions on how to reproduce your problem and i will try to verify.

I'm in Sweden and have thenordic models of the hardware.
Been away for some days so I have not been able to follow the discussion so im not not up to speed with your issue after 'the firmware fix'

0 Likes
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options

@RyanM wrote:

@NotSamsung wrote:

@RyanM wrote:

@NotSamsung wrote:

@RyanM wrote:

I've had a few questions from members which have been passed to developers. Once I receive updates I'll be sharing them in the Community. Thanks everyone for your input. 

Ryan,

I took time to test the K650,  to write down the test results, and to post two questions to you.

Perhaps, by unintended oversight, you completely ignored my post.

Can you please answer my questions.  

As mentioned I have passed all the questions and comments to the developers. I'll keep everyone updated as soon as I hear anything further. 

Why do you deliberately not to answer my questions?

You should ban the user that called you a troll.  

I don't personally have the answers to your question @NotSamsung. Once I have an update I will come back to you with an update. Thanks for your patience, please leave it with me. 

Samsung needs to answer my questions.  Don't you work for them?

0 Likes
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options

@Robbienobs wrote:

Hi all. Anyone had this issue before? IMG-20170628-WA0003.jpg

Correct. The Smartview uses Wifi.  So does the multiroom.  Can't work together.  Try the TV sound connect (Samsung's proprietary Bluetooth connection TV - K650).

0 Likes
Bryantay
Explorer
Options

***Deleted***  now that i got it out of system. I'm better now :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

You gotta stop keeping things bottled up Bryantay, just come out and say what you are thinking. Stop sugar coating everything.

abob36
Pioneer
Options
Hilarious.
0 Likes
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options

@Bryantay wrote:

***Deleted***  now that i got it out of system. I'm better now :smileyhappy:

Hope you find someone to help you.  If you delete your own wrting when well, it would be undeniably profound to see your 'not well' state.

Good luck.  Seek help, professional help. I can't help you.  

0 Likes
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options

@scott wrote:

You asked why pcm sounded louder than dd 5.1. PCM is lossless. DD5.1 is not--it is compressed, meaning there are components of the original recording that are missing. 

So why does the volume go down then?  

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

I think it is because 1's and 0's are missing from the dd 5.1.

DD 5.1 is already a lower quality version of an original recording and if our tv's are not decoding properly the quality will be even worse.

You know, technology has improved to the point that they have to artificially reduce quality in order to maintain different pricing levels.  For example when you buy a bluray movie they usually include the dvd version as well. Presumably so you can compare the differences. The bluray version will usually have Dolby True HD, DTS MA orboth. The dvd version will usually have DD 5.1. The video quality of DVD is reduced from what you get on bluray also. DVD's and cable are considered low quality sources of audio and video. Quality audio is never accompanied by lower quality video. 

0 Likes