Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 24-06-2017 09:08 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Lee I tried this a few days back and had the same. 

Has battle field effects and had same results. Only one on u tube that gives me good results. 

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options
Yep I'm getting separated channels from that clip, which shouldn't be possible as YouTube only supports stereo
0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Thanks Robbie

Same for me. Only video on YouTube that works surround sound wise.  Very odd.  I have searched for others in the sane format but can't find any.

Lee 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Very confused now hehe
Didn't know u tube was stereo only and I think it's some crazy voodoo magic as it's working like 5.1
0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Thanks Peejay

Yes, I'm really confused by that.  I tries looking at the specs of the clip but can't find what's special about it. Another Obe for Simon to solve as I also only ever get stereo with fake surround from you tube. Why can't all you tube vids be like that one.  Would make viewing trailers ect much much better. 

Lee 

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

Youtube apps for some tv's can play 5.1.

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options
Well YouTube recently updated the vp9 codec for HDR (which our tvs canalso play) maybe they allow surround now?

When you click "stats for nerds" it shows that it's idd coded using vp9
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Ok not voodoo then.

I have a UE65KU6000......... I will do some research on its u tube capability

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

I pulled that youtube on my bluray player with wi-fi surround setup made by tv and couldnt get it to play correctly with any of the bluray players hdmi audio out settings. PCM, bitstream unprocessed or bitstream reencode dolby digital. Made the wi-fi surround setup with bluray player and it plays correctly.

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options
My ks8000 plays it correctly with Bitstream - - - > dolby digital
0 Likes