Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 22-06-2017 09:54 AM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Kilo
Student
Options

Hi guys,

The app can find the 3 speakers and can even group them. But, when I tryck to group them as a surround group it just cant even start the process. I have reset the soundbar and my 2 R-lights. It doesnt fix it. I remember reading something about just some channels are working with the system in the 5GHz networks. But cant find that post.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Hi Kilo
I have had something similar and couldn't group then thought the app. I had to use the TV menu to group and then select the Soundbar +2 rears as the input.

All through tv
0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options

Try unplugging all the speakers at once, and when they are offline reinstall the multiroom app (while clearing its cache).

0 Likes
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options

@Robbienobs wrote:

Yawn.......... 

Thank you for underscoring my point. Well done! 

0 Likes
Kilo
Student
Options

Peejay84,

Doesnt work 😕 When Im trying from the TV it doesnt find the 2 rears, byt I can still come in to the "surround settings". 

0 Likes
simon_w
Pioneer
Options

Kilo

Can you see all three speakers in the multiroom app?

They all need to be on the same WiFi channel - if you go to: Settings / Advanced Settings / Network Status the app will tell you which channel each device is on - if they dont match then that is where the problem lies...

0 Likes
Kilo
Student
Options
Simon,

They are all in the same, channel 100.
0 Likes
Ant993
Apprentice
Options

Hi Guys,

i have been been keeping tabs on this discussion, great work from all and very helpful. I took my two r7's back after seeing how long this has been going on but may take the plunge again now it's fixed.

I'm by no means an expert when it comes to audio but as a network engineer I do know routers to some extent, just wanted to share a bit of advice for everyone although I'm sure most of you are aware. When it comes to setups like this it's always best to hardcode your ip addresses on the router, you can do this by reserving the iP addresses on the router based on the devices MAC address. Every device that connects to a network will have its own unique MAC address. If you don't reserve them then they will pick up an up address dynamically and renew that address every 30 days.  My friend has an expensive media centre setup and every 30 days his system would go down, this was the reason. 

I have a virgin router, I can see all the devices connected to it when I login to it and I can reserve the addresses easily enough so only that device can use that address. 

Hope this helps.

Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

I had this about a week ago. Had some weird ip conflict and had to reset the router to factory but all has been fine since. 

I reset all speakers first and then reconneofresh

I am on BT smart hub 

0 Likes
simon_w
Pioneer
Options

And is your TV connected via the wifi to the same channel or Ethernet ?

I have had simmilar problems to this in the past and the solution for me (after discussing it at length with Samsung) was to install a Samsung WAM250 Hub - this creates its own dedicated static network for the soundbar and speakers and works a treat.  

£30 from Richer Sounds - money well spent!