Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 21-06-2017 04:40 AM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
You mean a six year old?

Not sure what these people get out of it........ First time on any forum for me and slightly disappointing. But hey ho.

Glad to see the positive posts from those willing to help with remaining set up issues........ Still a shame samsung cannot take the lead on this in some meaningful way.
0 Likes
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options

@Bryantay wrote:
I really can't believe how cordial everyone has been to NotSamsung up to this point!

NotSamsung: From the beginning you've pretty much been a jerk to those here that have tried to answer your questions. At this point you should just be thankful that anyone is spending effort replying to you at all. Most people on this thread have been dealing with this issue going on a year with Samsung ignoring us nearly that entire time. 

I would suggest if you want to continue to be disrespectful, maybe you should direct your anger to the proper parties which in this case would be Samsung.

You need to play the ball,  not the man.  

I predicted that the obscurantists can't answer simple questions and now you blame me for that.  How is that logical?

I do find your post rude and obnoxious.   Ironically,   you're guilty of what you accuse me off.  

0 Likes
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options

Finally a problem Samsung moderators may be able to fix!

0 Likes
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options

@Bryantay wrote:

Correction:

"If you can't explain it to a six year old, NotSamsung will never believe you"

Now you claim to know my beliefs.  What other magic can you do besides reading my mind? 

I never stated any of my beliefs. I asked a simple question. It remains unanswered.  

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options

@NotSamsung wrote:
Google it and find a few articles on it (What Hifi). Check AV Forums.

Would be good to know if the K650 also support DTS 5.1 now and not only DTS 2 channel.  The soundbar input source probably has to be hdmi or usb. Unless any Samsung TV support DT5 5.1 over wifi (dont think optical or ARC supports DTS5.1).

Just to clarify, DTS 5.1 is supported through HDMI ARC and S/PDIF. Just not the lossless versions however. Although, select newer TVs and AVRs are now capable of passing DD+ through HDMI ARC.

0 Likes
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options

@abob36 wrote:

@NotSamsung wrote:
Google it and find a few articles on it (What Hifi). Check AV Forums.

Would be good to know if the K650 also support DTS 5.1 now and not only DTS 2 channel.  The soundbar input source probably has to be hdmi or usb. Unless any Samsung TV support DT5 5.1 over wifi (dont think optical or ARC supports DTS5.1).

Just to clarify, DTS 5.1 is supported through HDMI ARC and S/PDIF. Just not the lossless versions however. Although, select newer TVs and AVRs are now capable of passing DD+ through HDMI ARC.

Does not mean anything to me.  Does the K650 support DTS 5.1 and how (sources & connections and formats)?

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options

@NotSamsung wrote:

Does not mean anything to me.  Does the K650 support DTS 5.1 and how (sources & connections and formats)?

It wasn't just for your benefit. I was making sure people had the correct information.

Now in regards to the K650, we already know the answer. The K650 currently only supports DTS 2.0 (calling it what it is = stereo ;-).

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

If I create a surround setup with my ubd-k8500 bluray players multiroom link settings my hw-k650 can play a dts hd ma 5.1 speaker assignment sound check correctly from usb stick plugged into bluray player.

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options
That is most likely because that player can re-encode the format to one the K650 can decode.
0 Likes
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options

@abob36 wrote:

@NotSamsung wrote:

It wasn't just for your benefit. I was making sure people had the correct information.

Now in regards to the K650, we already know the answer. The K650 currently only supports DTS 2.0 (calling it what it is = stereo ;-).

You are yet to supply the correct information.  Shooting from the hip does not qualify. 

0 Likes