Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 15-06-2017 03:37 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Personally I would give it a go but no pressure :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Angelo2002
First Poster
Options
Well, I think I just wait for a Samsung response. Have waited so long already. A few more days (hopefully) won't make a difference.

Don't want to brick my soundbar :face-with-tears-of-joy:
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

No problem will email now for you. If you pm me your email address I can copy you in if you want

0 Likes
Angelo2002
First Poster
Options
Thank you! PM sent.
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
No problem. Already sent the email so i have forwarded to you. :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Hi I have sent you an email

Got a response from head office but they won't deal with your issues through me 😞
0 Likes
Angelo2002
First Poster
Options

No worries Rob.

I have sent an email to Kirsty. 

Will let you know how it went.

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

I've done quite a bit of testing and have found to get the very best sound quality out of hw-k650 and 2x radiant 360's is to take the tv out of the equation.

I just don't think my Samsung tv is capable of processing multi channel audio very well.

I am now running an optical cable straight from cable box to soundbar for cable subscription content. I select d.in on soundbar and create surround setup with multiroom app. My cable box outputs DD 5.1 surround sound from optical.

The sound is very good straight from cable box. When tv is involved and select bitstream DD the sound is muffled like it is being reprocessed. If I select bitstream PCM the sound is good but there is bleeding from from front channels to surrounds.

For all other content such as blurays and streaming apps I make the surround setup with my Samsung UHD bluray players multiroom link settings app. The sound from the hw-k650 and 2 x radiant 360's is very good when bluray player makes surround setup. 

I know it is a hassle to have to use multiple remotes but I think it is worth it to get the very best sound quality. Everyone that has heard my audio setup has been impressed with the sound quality. Including a friend who has the latest and greatest Denon DTS X, DOLBY ATMOS receiver and speakers. I am very happy with my hw-k650 and radiant 360 speakers.

0 Likes
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options
Maybe someone can help me.

My set-up:
TV: Samsung SEK-3500U (similar to KS9000); Firmware 1900
Soundbar: HW-K650; Firmware 3113.5
Back Surrounds: 2 x WAM350 (M3's): Firmware 3110.5

TEST 1:
On the TV I set:
HDMI Audio Format (Input) = Bitstream
Audio Format (Output) = PCM
Soundbar and the M3's are connected via Wifi and it shows 5.1
I then play a Netflix Movie (from internal TV source) that has Dolby Digital 5.1.

Result:
The sound is great. But I'm not convinced that it is 5.1. I suspect it is pseudo 5.1

Question:
Am I getting true 5.1? Does PCM output multi-channel 5.1 or only stereo (and hence the soundbar do a pseudo 5.1)?

TEST 2:
On the TV I set:
HDMI Audio Format (Input) = Bitstream
Soundbar and the M3's are connected via Wifi and it shows 5.1
I then play a Netflix Movie (from internal TV source) that has Dolby Digital 5.1.
Change Audio Format (Output) from PCM to Dolby Digital.

Result:
The sound volume is much lower than when it was on PCM, the M3's is hardly in use (very low volume). It does not sound good at all.

Question:
What is the issue here? is this the same issue as all you had with the R1's?

This is absurd, why can't I get 5.1?
0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi

Set hdmi to bitstream and audio to Dolby. The TV wont pass 5.1 via PCM. It will only be stereo. I get true 5.1. I have tested using various test files.  

Lee 

0 Likes