Support

Open search

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

Apprentice

Hmm.. I have also updated and the sound is much better in WIFI mode!
But i have also seen weird behavior in regards of the grouping.
The system ungroups by itself and tv reverts to Bluetooth mode.

I have not been able to get the time to test this in any length.

I have a feeling that using the system when the tv is off i.e. from Spotify on my mobile can force the issue.

But I will do some more structured testing when I get the time.

Does anyone else see this sporadically ungrouping issue?

Navigator

Hi All

I have had it a few times when the sound bar isn't there in the TV options. I power the TV off and switch ir off at the plug. When u switch it back on its ok again. It's only happened two ir three times though. I thunk it's more of a router issue than anything though. 

Apprentice

Ive read that the wi-fi chips in all but the r7's are pretty low quality. Using a 5ghz router seems to help , they say 2.4ghz bandwidth is too crowded.

Sorry about the blank posts, its an issue with my Samsung phone. 

Pathfinder

For me the grouping issue only happens when either I play music via Spotify from phone or the router needs a reset. 

The router reset also solves the issue of not being able to see one of the rear speakers as described, but this happens so rarely that it doesnt cause me any issues long term. 

I have BT Smart hub by the way; I can dictate if they connect to 2.4 or 5ghz but it doesn't seem to make any difference with my set up as to whether I need a periodic reset of the router. 

I have also experimented at great length with a samsung hub but this also makes no difference (currently back in box in a cupboard). 

But again this happens so rarely it doesn't bother me. 

Navigator

I'm using a Bt smart hub too. Awesome bit of kit and one of the very best provider hubs thats out there. I have mine connected via 5ghz. 

Apprentice
Just wanted to let everyone know that I have done extensive testing since the release of 3113 to the K650 Soundbar.

It seems (surprisingly) that PCM output from TV is much better: I know this is not what we have been seeing before (where Bitstream was performing better).

It might be worth you guys trying?

Also I have for the first time used the HDMI in to K650 (direct from Apple TV) which then passes through the soundbar via HDMI out (arc) to TV (HDMI 3 input).

I have noticed considerably better sound quality - and in addition the other inputs to TV automatically use the soundbar so no having to worry about that either.

For any of you using a playstation, change output to PCM also and you will see a LARGE performance increase.

Would be interested to know if this works for you... let me know...

P.S THANKS Robbie for ultimately getting us all this resolution.

Apprentice

Hi mrcjames 

Thanks for that but can you please confirm how you are setting it all up, do you use the multiroom app to group your rears and your soundbar and then set it upvia the TV settings. 

I can someone in here who has the system working please write a final set up guide for the rest of us non technical types. 

I'm struggling to get it to stay grouped working through WiFi. 

Thanks

Navigator

Hi there

In regard to using PCM I think it has been mentioned a few time now that you won't get 5.1 if you use PCM. neither the sound bar or TV can process it properly. All you will get is stereo that is made into a sudo surround effect.  I have done extensive testing before I realised the K650 didn't accept multi channel PCM. It shows up quite badly if you play a game on the ps4. The sounds are not where they are meant to be. 

Lee 

Pathfinder

Hi DreamTallStart

I forgot to add that I have had a similar issue before where the Soundbar does not show up as an option in the TV menu, and you cannot select tv wifi connection in app.

Its also after the TV has turned off, but for me it's not the Soundbar causing the issue but the TV not reconnecting to the WiFi when it's turned back on. Again only happens now and then but this may be your issue. 

The next time you have the issue I would suggest checking your TV wifi is connected, and if it's not just reselect your wifi again from the list and then go back to sound menu. 

Hope this helps

Highlighted
Apprentice

The firmware update did not solve the issue for me. Seems to be an improvement in overall sound quality but audio from surrounds is still too low even with sliders at -6 for soundbar and +6for surrounds. 

Can someone tell me if there is anything different other than working since firmware update. 

If my Samsung UHD bluray players multilink settings gui makes the surround setup it sounds fantastic. The bluray players multilink graphical user interface is different from the tv's multilink settings gui. The volume levels are 0 - 50 when the bluray player creates the surround setup. Volume levels are 0 - 100 when tv makes surround setup.

A DTS HD MA speaker assignment sound check downloaded to a usb stick plays correctly when playing from bluray player surround setup. When I put the usb stick in tv and create surround setup with tv it plays incorrectly. 

Top Liked Authors