Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 24-05-2017 06:11 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
scott
Explorer
Options

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

Tvs settings>sound>expert settings>wireless speaker manager>multiroom link settings.

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

Oh, sorry Ashkarel, Im afraid that is going to happen to me as well. I was cautiously optimistic until you posted that.

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

Try selecting tv speaker then reselecting soundbar + 2ch wifi.

I just powered off and powered on the tv and it reverted to really loud soundbar and quiet surrounds and numbers on the tv when adjusting volume. Reselected tv speakers then soundbar + 2ch wifi and started working again.

0 Likes
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options

Visited john lewis on the weekend - going back in 3 weeks when next in uk to get all my equipment tested by them. The samsung representative had r1s and said his were working fine...hmmm...i showed him the 1000+ comments on this thread and he accepted something must be wrong. 

Well worth visiting whoever sold you this junk as there must be some kind of due diligence on them to sell products that work..

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options

I did some additional testing. Playing an AC3 dolby 5.1 audio file through the Multiroom app, and sound levels are good. Rears are clear and loud. It has to be related to Dolby signal coming from the TV via WiFi or HDMI ARC. 

Was any of you guys able to test it with non-samsung tv and HDMI ARC connection?

Seriously how long does it take to fix a few lines of code? An hour or two for an engineer who knows what he's doing? Or maybe this is just unfixable, and that's why they had abandoned Radiant speaker rear channels in 2017 Soundbar lineup. That would also explain their weird behavior right after their own enginner confirmed at Rob's place that it's not working as intended.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

I am going to send the deadlock letter in to samsung based on a requirement for response 14 days; then I am going to an ombudsmen. 

Not had any responses. 

They will never admit they can't fix it as this would also be admitting there is a fault, and we would then have the instant option for a full refund at purchase price, as they are unable to fix or replace............ 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hi all, 

Samsung have emailed today to advise their team have been testing an update and she awaits confirmation from them of when this update will be rolled out. 

leelazer
Navigator
Options
Possible progress. It's a shame they can't offer an update as a beta for testing by us as we know the problem so well.
Nick0
Student
Options

@Robbienobs wrote:

Hi all, 

Samsung have emailed today to advise their team have been testing an update and she awaits confirmation from them of when this update will be rolled out. 

Could this be it?   Should I hold my breathe while counting my chickens and should the champagne be on ice?  .... Probably not.  

I am more inclined now to think that the fault is with the TV wi-fi output but hope I am wrong.

0 Likes