Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 04-05-2017 11:56 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
On the subject of TV firmware there is an update for KS8000 on the US web site.
Just have to do a manual installation for some reason.
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hi all, 

Response below from Samsung to my email. 

Thank you for taking the time to compile this information Mr Hickey, this is very much appreciated. This has been provided directly to our AV team who are running tests presently. As always, as soon as further information has been received I will contact you to advise.

Regards

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Nice. It's one of those things that you just want them to go. You know what. They are right and just get it fixed. 

0 Likes
mrcjames
Journeyman
Options

Out of interest, can you post the list of TV's you got? Want to see how many KS's and how many JU's.

Thanks

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

KU6300 1169

HW-K650/ZA soundbar 3111

2x R1's 3112

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks Scott, have sent your info to samsung. 

0 Likes
Kevlarr
Explorer
Options

Here's my setup...

Tv = KS8000 F/W 1168 (TV shows no update available)
HW-K650 F/W 3111
2 x R1's F/W 3112

I've supplied these, although I'm failing to see the point of Samsung needing this info at this late stage in the process.
Although they seem to be showing a renewed interest, I don't see this request for firmware information as being a step forward, in fact it seems like a step backwards.
Even if we all had a different mish-mash of firmware up to the latest level it would just show that none of them work.

I understand that this would be something you would initially ask, to confirm that someone with a problem was on the latest firmware release. BUT ONLY IF THE LATEST FIRMWARE WAS A CURE TO THE PROBLEM.

Which leads on to the second flaw in this 'logic'... there is a newer firmware (1169.2 dated 27 Apr, 2017) available for my KS8000 (which I found out from this forum) but the TV reports that I'm on the latest level. So the firmware info I've just supplied will be incorrect when the TV decides to update (new firmware dated 6 days ago and still not found by TV) If it does'nt help with the surround problem hopefully it will cure some of the other problems with this TV.

The HW-K650 firmware download page shows the 'latest' firmware level as 3108.9 dated 15 Feb, 2017
The R1 firmware download page shows the 'latest' firmware level as 3111.1 dated 2 Mar, 2017

I think the people at Samsung must be sitting with their Gear VR headsets on coz they ain't coming up with any real world solutions.

Just saw Samsungs latest TV ad, an ostrich wearing a VR headset with the slogan #DoWhatYouCant. 

Now there's a motto for you to live up to instead of burying your head in the sand.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hi Kevlar

I totally understand your lack of trust and confidence in samsung right now considering the period of time this has gone on for, and I too have the same feelings towards them, and I am finding it very difficult right now not to just cut my losses and move on. I may not be stating this in my posts but I have to remain constructive and try to keep this communication open to hopefully get this resolved once and for all. Any criticism at this point of discussion directed at Samsung would in my opinion, only hamper the efforts to get this looked at again.  

Thanks for your firmware versions and I will pass this info on including your notes regarding the software updates and inconsistency with what is on the web sites. 

In no way am I defending samsung but to make some sense of it, and from what I understand,  all testing of faults begins with the UK AV team (including for Samsung in the US) , and this is then passed to Korea as only they can write/issue the firmware updates needed. There have been some firmware updates since this was last asked for from me back in the day, so although this is frustrating to go over old ground, I believe its necessary at this point to move to another round with Korea. 

The UK teams first have to confirm the firmware versions so they can test on the same and hopefully get the same results, and I would imagine Korea would ask for this once the faults are reproduced and reports are sent (again my optimism may be misplaced :smiling-face: ). 

I fully believe at this point that it's Korea who issued the famous samsung response that it's effectively "good enough for them", and it's Korea no doubt that need convincing that additional efforts are required by the AV team. I would imagine that it's the same as any other large corporation I have worked for, with disjointed communication between what is effectively companies within companies. 

This would effectively be the last round of communication from me to samsung regarding fixing the faults, and then I will move to the issue of the "letter of deadlock" and 14 day notice of my contacting an ombudsmen; it seems after some research into this, many unhappy customers have some success with this approach even with the large corporations. 

If anything this last round of emails should just be another nail in the Samsung coffin if they try to flaunt these issues as anything other than genuine product faults (if we don't have a positive outcome) . 

But for now I am living in a land called hope.

It may be a blind existence, but for now personally I will give it one last go............. .....your welcome to join me on this next ride to solution land or jump off in frustration (totally understand but I hope you dont) ............. But I cannot predict at this point whether our final destination is a full and final fix, or a refund at the purchase price :)........... or even one large ceremonial bonfire with a large Samsung logo mounted on the top where you would normally find Guy Fawkes (just to clarify I mean burn the Samsung soundbar and not head office hehe :smiling-face: 

PS I agree the firmware update information is inconsistent but you can update to the latest manually for your TV model. I believe this is a US version so you need to go to the us site......... Appreciate it's not ideal and aapologise if I am asking you to suck eggs :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
Ant993
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

im sorry to jump in and more than likely go over this again for you. In truth there is so much to read on here it was easier to go to the last post and ask.

i have a Samsung ks7000, the 650 sound bar which was fine. I took the plung ontwo r7 speakers 5 days ago and I'm having the same issue as everyone else. The rear r7 speakers in surround sound are so quiet they may as well not be there. I have done most things recommended by adjusting the speaker volume but it makes no difference. I haven't got the optical cable yet.

My question is should I keep the speakers or send them back to John Lewis? I can see what you have all been through on here, the lack of response and I'm not sure if I can see an end to this for you all. The r7's just cost me £700 together and I brought them for the surround sound system, not to blast music through them. Should I continue the fight with you or give up and wait for Samsung to pull there finger out?

0 Likes
Bryantay
Explorer
Options

Definitely return them. This issue likely will not be fixed for a very long time. If ever!!  Samsung has completely failed their customers here. 

0 Likes