Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 27-04-2017 08:14 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
scott
Explorer
Options

Im not convinced that it is the soundbars firmware that is the problem. I think it could be our tvs firmware that is borking the rears sound output. D.in/optical workaround cellphone multiroom app configures soundbar+360s for surround sound. Wifi the tvs wireless speaker manager/multiroom link settings configures soundbar+360s for surround sound. If you configure with multiroom app, tv will reconfigure as soon as you select hw-k650+2ch(wi_fi).

I have a samsung 4k bluray player that has a smart hub that allows for configuring soundbar+2ch(wi-fi) and the rears play loud and clear. I dont use it because it is too tinny sounding. Not sure why, but it is definitely playing 5.1.

0 Likes
Nick0
Student
Options

@scott wrote:

Im not convinced that it is the soundbars firmware that is the problem. I think it could be our tvs firmware that is borking the rears sound output. D.in/optical workaround cellphone multiroom app configures soundbar+360s for surround sound. Wifi the tvs wireless speaker manager/multiroom link settings configures soundbar+360s for surround sound. If you configure with multiroom app, tv will reconfigure as soon as you select hw-k650+2ch(wi_fi).

I have a samsung 4k bluray player that has a smart hub that allows for configuring soundbar+2ch(wi-fi) and the rears play loud and clear. I dont use it because it is too tinny sounding. Not sure why, but it is definitely playing 5.1.

I agree that you are correct in principle.  However, some claim that the system worked as intended out of the box, only for it to fail to do so after a FW update to the HW-K650.  So, it would appear that a concomitant update of the TV firmware to ensure continued compatibility, was required at the same time.   My TV KS8000 has had a few updates since I purchased it, one only a few days ago, but these have not addressed the issue.  Since your BluRay player works, the fault would seem to lie in the encoding to WiFi prior to communication between the TV and soundbar.  

In 5.1 Wi-Fi configurtion is the sound bar acting as the hub which relays the signal to the 360's?  The 360's are not the fault.  

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

When the bluray playee configures soundbar+2ch(wi-fi) the multiroom app changes and shows bluray player as source. I have to run an hdmi from bluray to soundbar and take tv out of equation for it to work.

If I try to configure soundbar and 360s wirelessly through bluray tv wont allow it unless it is unplugged.

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

For the record, my Samsung bluray player appears to have an older version of the multi link settings app.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Very true bricking this kit won't do me any favours...............but saying that I do feel like smashing the thing up with a brick at the moment, especially when I think of the time we have all put into this. 

I am hoping that Samsung's senior management taking their time to respond to the latest emails, means they are carefully considering the firmware issues and putting some effort into finding a fix that works. 

But won't be shocked if they just come back with some more brash statements suggesting its good enough for them

0 Likes
Monkfish
Journeyman
Options

Hey guys, I think you're going round in circles now. Samsung have made their point clear in their deliberated response, I'm afraid.

All you can hope for now is some media / Watchdog attention, focusing on your screenshots online relating to the changed "stealth" promises of wireless support.

An expected outcome of that is Samsung proposing that any customers perceived as impacted - no matter when they purchased it - can return their hardware.

Firmware changes are very unlikely to occur - they've changed their rear speaker tech back to the SWA solution, so noone is developing a fix for you anymore. So what is your desired outcome?

I think Samsung provide financing, so its likely their complaints activity is regulated. You should have had a response or acknowledgement to your complaint so far, notifying you of next steps. Even if you (or the many who you complained with) haven't had financing, they should be Treating their Customers Fairly. 

Hopefully this post causes some action to be taken at Samsung, but I'd recommend taking the next steps, and not speaking to Samsung directly anymore. 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

I habe sent this to samsung in response to their email regarding CEO contact for what it's worth:

Dear Kirsty,

Thanks for your email regarding the direction of my correspondence; unfortunately the issue I have is that when I concentrate my efforts on communication through the correct channels, it has finally come to nothing but denial from Samsung that any issues remain,and that basically its good enough.

I am still hoping your senior management team see that there needs to be some additional investment in getting the firmware where it should be, and show its customers some real commitment to quality with resolving these faults.

I am in the process of communicating with the BBC's Watchdog programme including all of the email addresses of other who will corroborate the issues and Samsung's handling of the faults with their firmware updates. I would rather not spend additional time in doing this as I have spent hours upon hours writing, testing and posting to attempt to get a fix.

I have also found that when I purchased the Samsung soundbar and R1's, this was first advertised this as fully wifi capable with the tv that I have (2016 K Series), but now the way the product is advertised by samsung has been amended; I have screen shots from the Samsung products pages as evidence of this from last year. Samsung have quiet cleverly added the generic term "Cable connection required from Soundbar to TV to receive 5.1 surround sound".

This is due to be communicated to Trading Standards tomorrow to include this change in advertising and also the issue that Samsung appear to want to not include the firmware as part of the product, resulting in what can only been viewed as a breach of Samsung's Warrantee that clearly states you will either repair or replace the faulty product.

Samsung are basically now just arguing symantics as no matter who views the evidence in hand, the product is obviously faulty and not operating as advertised at the time of purchase; the firmware is clearly part of the product itself and as such must be included in the warranty. Furthermore your service partners confirmed the issues are present and agreed fully that it was not operating as it should, only for Samsung to then change this guys report to suit their own ends; this end would be to constantly deny that the product is faulty.

I will say that the only part of this whole episode I am vaguely happy with is your communications, albeit limited by input from the various teams involved (and senior management I would imagine).

Your own website states that "Quality Assurance" will "Surpass all Expectations".
"Samsung ensures the consistent delivery of excellence based on an effective quality management system that guarantees our products and services, beyond customer expectations".

I repeat "beyond customer expectations" not good enough for Samsung!

Regards,

Go to this link for quality statements

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hi Monkfish

I agree with the going round in circles bit but not with the rest of your post (speaking respectfully).

I believe we have made some large steps over the months towards a fix and we are the closest we have been to this; samsung have passed this to their senior management at head office for review and are still communicating on the issues with internal escalation.

I am not sure if this will come to anything but I have to drive this forwards on all fronts to be in with any chance of succeeding. I am steadily receiving more and more email addresses which will no doubt increase any success in gaining interest from trading standards and media groups.

I and others have succeeded in gaining numerous firmware updates so far (not entirely successful I admit), so I am not sure where the surity comes from with respect to further firmware updates.

I am as frustrated as anyone on here but I need to remain positive regardless of Samsung's previous response, and await their next response hoping this confirms further investment in a solution.

0 Likes
Monkfish
Journeyman
Options

Looks good, and I understand your position of collaboration.

Just make sure to tell us when your BBC interview will be aired. :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Believe it or not I habe been on watchdog a few years ago; it was a fight with Curry's at the time when my laptop went missing after a repair.

I won and got a full refund at purchase price and my laptop back....... Eventually.

I will find the video on post it on u tube :smiling-face:
0 Likes