Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 25-04-2017 10:35 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Peejay84
Navigator
Options

Oh i didn't try to turn Anynet off, but yeah it should work :smiling-face: My HDMI cable is laying there next to One Connect, waiting for better times when it finally can be used :winking-face:

0 Likes
Roman213
First Poster
Options

Ok, big thanks for the replies!

The bug with turning off seems quite annoying to me. Same goes for BT music streaming.

Are you sure that there is no some quick surround disable/enable button in Multiroom app?

How many clicks/taps you need to perform to make surround again after soundbar reboot (or disbanding surround group)?

As for DTS issue I'm thinking on trying to install "kodi" on TV, and convert DTS to DD "on the fly", since I'm not sure that Samsung will release DTS update for K650.

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

DTS isnt an issue for me because my cable box everything is DD but it sounds the best bitstream pcm.

My bluray player can decode DTS 5.1 and as long as I set hdmi audio to PCM I get DTS surround. PCM tells the tv to not decode the audio--that it should pass through. 

Im not using the optical cable work around. My system is working fine in wifi mode. Dont ask me why, it just started working.

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi All

As far as I am aware the soundbar does not accept PCM multichannel audio. Only stereo PCM that it then converts to fake surround. I have tried to get it to accept multichannel several times via Hdmi with no success. 

Lee. 

Peejay84
Navigator
Options

It's not even a Soundbar issue Lee, you can't send multichannel PCM via ARC or optical. Not enough bandwidth, it will just pass as stereo, and then Soundbar will make "fake" surround out of it. 

PCM should only be used in Blu-ray - - - - >AV reciever---->video pass through to TV setups. 

leelazer
Navigator
Options
Hi peejay

I have tried PCM direct to the soundbar but it can't handle it. You get no centre channel at all and the other channels seem really messed up. Also doesn't mention being able to accept PCM in the jargon. Shame really.

Lee.
0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options
Oh, so it won't even accept a proper multichannel PCM directly from a bluray(I don't have one right now to test)? Kinda sucks, but I guess you only really need it for Atmos, Dolby True HD, and DTSx which aren't supported by K650 anyway
0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options
Yeqh I was just messing about to see if it worked or not as a way to use the bluray player to decode Dts and pass it to the soundbar as PCM to get around the lack of Dts support but no joy. Lol
0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options
Scott if you set it to bitstream >>PCM you aren't getting a Dolby signal at all. It will sound "fuller" because rears will just copy L/R channel. Do you hear your rears all the time? In most tv shows rear channels aren't used much, so rear speakers are mostly silent or just playing occasional music/crickets :winking-face:
0 Likes
Roman213
First Poster
Options

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=290439

Check the link above for DTS 5.1 workaround if you have Android TV or Android TV box

0 Likes