Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 24-04-2017 03:13 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
podavies
Pioneer
Options

Yep buy an optical cable and you will get surround sound, but you have to use the small remote for the sound bar to adjust the sound.

Pau 

0 Likes
TitiJester
First Poster
Options

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

I'll test with the optical cable.

If it's temporary solution waiting for a patch, it's fine for me.

T.

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options

If by temporary you mean for over 6 months now.

Also guys, I have outlined earlier in the thread how to configure the Samsung TV remote to control the soundbar (when using Optical), if you have one of the 2016 K series TVs.

0 Likes
Bryantay
Explorer
Options

... Not to mention the fact that Samsung's position is that there is no problem. Their most resent statements indicate that this will never be fixed. If you can return your equipment then I would definitely  recommend doing so.

Don't get screwed like me who thought they would fix the issues and waited until it was too late to return everything...   

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Same here........ Misplaced faith they would resolve........ Oh how I wish I took it all back when I had a chance. 

Hi Abob, maybe worth mentioning that not all 2016 K Series have the Samsung Universal control that can be programmed........ Unfortunately mine doesn't. 

I had to go but one from Argos to try and overcome the remote issues. 

Not heard anything further yet but I am hoping this is because they are considering the issues we have throughly. 

I have had a few more email address's Pm'd to me and have sent these to samsung also. 

Anyone else who wants to get involved please Pm me........ I will probably do the watchdog and trading standards bit over the weekend, hoping I get some more email contact details. 

0 Likes
Reebokerglory
First Poster
Options

I have been tracking this thread for months now as I have similar config as most on here and same issues. Really appreciate lots of good work to try and get Samsung to do the right thing and fix what they borked in the first place.

I have highlighted this thread to John Archer who does all the AV reviews for Techradar. Basically his review was one of the reasons I bought the soundbar in the first place. He recently reviewed the latest Sammy soundbar (HW-MS650) and I commented via twitter that I hope 5.1 wireless surround works better than on the HWK 650.

His reply was along the lines that couild be the reason why Sammy did not supply a pair of wireless rears for the review.

Having read this thread he has agreed to raise it with Samsung. 

Only a small contribution but you never know.

techradar.com/reviews/samsung-hw-ms650-soundbar 

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

To coin a fraise. Every little helps. Thank-you. 

Lee 

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options

Thank you for your efforts! I'm looking at MS 650 specs, and it turns out that Samsung is back with the swa9000 for rear surround (the set that was used with k550) .

It's a completely different tech, a wireless amplifier with 2 speaker that aren't wireless. From what I remember you connect them to the soundbar the same way you connect the subwoofer to hw k650, so you don't even need a Multiroom app for that. 

Those really aren't good news for us, because it means samsung has abandoned surround by Multiroom tech completely. 

0 Likes
Nick0
Student
Options

@Peejay84 wrote:

Thank you for your efforts! I'm looking at MS 650 specs, and it turns out that Samsung is back with the swa9000 for rear surround (the set that was used with k550) .

It's a completely different tech, a wireless amplifier with 2 speaker that aren't wireless. From what I remember you connect them to the soundbar the same way you connect the subwoofer to hw k650, so you don't even need a Multiroom app for that. 

Those really aren't good news for us, because it means samsung has abandoned surround by Multiroom tech completely. 

I researched the SWA8000 kit before going for the R1's and they were available for around £99 but the HW-K650 soundbar is not listed as being compatible with the SWA8000S kit.  Notably, the manual for the new SWA9000's does not state that HW-K650 is compatible either.  So are these now compatible?  I  see Curry's have them for £179.

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options

I think they were called swa 8000 last year, and yeah they weren't compatible with k650. 

swa 9000 look exactly the same though, and on samsung site it says they are only compatible with Soundbar+ models, so MS 650 and MS 6500.

Ive read somewhere they are going to also release a Subwoofer+ (lol) thingy that you can plug to soundbar+ models as they don't really cover LFE channel. 

I

0 Likes