Support

Open search

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

Navigator

Like i said above, i can clearly hear the lower frequencies of the voice during FRONT L/R coming from the sub, and there's nothing during CENTER channel. Just put your hand on subwoofer's membrane and play the file, you'll see what i'm talking about. 

> If your sub is playing when the sub symbol isn't showing then it shouldn't be and the channels aren't being separated correctly.  

Well since soundbar speakers are treble/mid per channel, i guess they need to be reinforced by sub to play a full spectrum. That's what K650 soundbar does to channel L/R, not only in that test file but also a real 5.1 content. 

It however doesn't do it with the center channel for some reason. I'm just wondering if it's intended, and if it's like that for other people. 

Also, thank you for checking that for me! 

Pathfinder

Hi guys, 

Up to 28 email addresses now; please keep them coming if you have the same issues and I will forward on to Samsung. 

It will be interesting to see if there is any reaction from Samsung with the latest emails sent. 

I really do hope they see sense............. Phase 2 of emails to Watchdog etc will be sent early this week, with everyone's contact emails included. 

I am sure the number of contacts available should stir up some interest at the BBC. 

Apprentice

I noticed the problem with the centre channel sounding thin almost right away, i used the sound bar with the TV sound connect for almost six months. Two weeks ago i bought 2 R1 on sale. In TV sound connect option everything works fine for me and the sound is good.

In surround mode over wi-fi male voices sounds thin for me, if you have Netflix just try to listen to Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek TNG, here you can switch between 5.1 and 2.0 sound in the Netflix app - and sense Picard speaks a lot it's easy to hear the difference in sound quality in his voice. 

Hope they will release a fix soon!

Navigator

The issue is unrelated to the connection method (happens with optical, Arc, wifi). It just the sound from the center channel is not being reinforced in the lower frequencies by the sub. 

That's why setting 2.0 in the Netflix app fixes the issues. In stereo, voice is redirected to L/R channel, and both are getting reinforced by the sub.

The same thing happens when you set MOVIE mode on the soundbar. It bleeds the center channel a little to L/R and the voices sound a lot better. Sadly you can't set MOVIE mode with R's linked as surround. 

Also I don't think it can be fixed by a simple firmware update, it's probably hardware related. 

Pathfinder

Hi all, 

Latest response from Samsung Head office below following inclusion of 30 odd email addresses from customers;

Dear Mr H****y,

I have now provided all communication to the senior management within our organisation for their review of these cases. I will respond on their behalf following their discussion.

Regards

Highlighted
First Poster

@Robbienobs wrote:

Hi all, 

Latest response from Samsung Head office below following inclusion of 30 odd email addresses from customers;

Dear Mr H****y,

I have now provided all communication to the senior management within our organisation for their review of these cases. I will respond on their behalf following their discussion.

Regards

Thanks for the update.  We live in hope!

Explorer

20170418_171025.jpgReally. If so, why not then Samsung?

Explorer

@Neilwales....    Yep, that's the claim that roped me in to this mess....  I think the marketing department must have forgotten to put quote marks around the word "true".

First Poster

Well my Denon receiver and Tannoys are working well and blow the Sammy stuff out of the water. It all just WORKS.

I remember reading some time ago that samsung 'don't do sound'. This, unfortunately, is still true.

The picture on the telly is good, though!

Take my advice, buy something tried and tested, and stop flogging a dead horse. Life is too short to waste your time on this crap.

Egads 

Dave

Navigator

Hey Dave

I already have separates. A really good system. Unfortunately it's all.packed away in a box as that sort of system no longer suits my requirements. I'm sure a lot of others are in the same boat. A sound bar and wireless rears solve the issue of having lots of wires trailing everywhere. One day when I have the space I will go back to that option. I think the main point is that although it's a compromise on overall sound quality we all just would like it to work as it's meant too :-)  

Lee

Top Liked Authors