Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 17-04-2017 09:59 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
leelazer
Navigator
Options

I don't have that in my browser. Very odd. 

0 Likes
Bryantay
Explorer
Options

Try ckicking HERE

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi

That worked just fine. However, at no point does the centre channel play on its own accompanied by the sub so it's not possible to tell using this test tone if the centre channel is supported by the sub. 

Lee

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options

That's really weird, i get a clear channel separation using that file. I have it on a pendrive and use it as a check all the issuses discussed here. Are you playing it from the TV browser? That could be the cause, im pretty sure the browser doesn't support Dolby. 

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options

Oh i think i know what you mean. Get near your sub and listen. Sub should play lower frequencies of the voice with each channel. I can clearly hear "FRONT LEFT" and "FRONT RIGHT" lows coming from the sub and it's silent during "FRONT CENTER". 

It works the same with normal 5.1 content and causes male voices sound really flat. 

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi peejay 

I wonder if you could explain a bit more how you are using this file to determine that the centre channel isn't supported by the sub. If you watch the symbols as the test tune plays at no point does the centre channel play along with sub on its own. If your sub is playing when the sub symbol isn't showing then it shouldn't be and the channels aren't being separated correctly.  

Lee 

0 Likes
PIRATE
Student
Options

Everyone, I've successfully returned my HWK-650 sound bar with R3 speakers to Best Buy (after having for 6 months) after the engineer visit email - I lost all hope and couldn't put up with it anymore.

im now a proud owner of the Sonos Soundbase and two play ones...which work wonderfully!

I will still be looking at the forum and helping however I can (sending emails, etc) keep up the good fight! Because what Samsung has done to us all is bull*****.

Peejay84
Navigator
Options

Like i said above, i can clearly hear the lower frequencies of the voice during FRONT L/R coming from the sub, and there's nothing during CENTER channel. Just put your hand on subwoofer's membrane and play the file, you'll see what i'm talking about. 

> If your sub is playing when the sub symbol isn't showing then it shouldn't be and the channels aren't being separated correctly.  

Well since soundbar speakers are treble/mid per channel, i guess they need to be reinforced by sub to play a full spectrum. That's what K650 soundbar does to channel L/R, not only in that test file but also a real 5.1 content. 

It however doesn't do it with the center channel for some reason. I'm just wondering if it's intended, and if it's like that for other people. 

Also, thank you for checking that for me! 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hi guys, 

Up to 28 email addresses now; please keep them coming if you have the same issues and I will forward on to Samsung. 

It will be interesting to see if there is any reaction from Samsung with the latest emails sent. 

I really do hope they see sense............. Phase 2 of emails to Watchdog etc will be sent early this week, with everyone's contact emails included. 

I am sure the number of contacts available should stir up some interest at the BBC. 

aTomo
Journeyman
Options

I noticed the problem with the centre channel sounding thin almost right away, i used the sound bar with the TV sound connect for almost six months. Two weeks ago i bought 2 R1 on sale. In TV sound connect option everything works fine for me and the sound is good.

In surround mode over wi-fi male voices sounds thin for me, if you have Netflix just try to listen to Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek TNG, here you can switch between 5.1 and 2.0 sound in the Netflix app - and sense Picard speaks a lot it's easy to hear the difference in sound quality in his voice. 

Hope they will release a fix soon!

0 Likes