Support

Open search

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

Navigator

Guys can you pls check, using this file for example : https://www2.iis.fraunhofer.de/AAC/ChID-BLITS-EBU.mp4 

if your subwoofer is supporting the center channel during "front center" line? Put it in STANDARD mode first.

For me it stays silent, and only activates when soundbar is in MOVIE mode ( i think MOVIE mode just mixes the centre channel with L/R a little so thats why). 

Navigator

Hi

That link isn't working for me. 

Highlighted
Explorer

remove the 4%C2%A0 that shows in the bowser and it will work...

Navigator

I don't have that in my browser. Very odd. 

Explorer

Try ckicking HERE

Navigator

Hi

That worked just fine. However, at no point does the centre channel play on its own accompanied by the sub so it's not possible to tell using this test tone if the centre channel is supported by the sub. 

Lee

Navigator

That's really weird, i get a clear channel separation using that file. I have it on a pendrive and use it as a check all the issuses discussed here. Are you playing it from the TV browser? That could be the cause, im pretty sure the browser doesn't support Dolby. 

Navigator

Oh i think i know what you mean. Get near your sub and listen. Sub should play lower frequencies of the voice with each channel. I can clearly hear "FRONT LEFT" and "FRONT RIGHT" lows coming from the sub and it's silent during "FRONT CENTER". 

It works the same with normal 5.1 content and causes male voices sound really flat. 

Navigator

Hi peejay 

I wonder if you could explain a bit more how you are using this file to determine that the centre channel isn't supported by the sub. If you watch the symbols as the test tune plays at no point does the centre channel play along with sub on its own. If your sub is playing when the sub symbol isn't showing then it shouldn't be and the channels aren't being separated correctly.  

Lee 

First Poster

Everyone, I've successfully returned my HWK-650 sound bar with R3 speakers to Best Buy (after having for 6 months) after the engineer visit email - I lost all hope and couldn't put up with it anymore.

im now a proud owner of the Sonos Soundbase and two play ones...which work wonderfully!

I will still be looking at the forum and helping however I can (sending emails, etc) keep up the good fight! Because what Samsung has done to us all is bull*****.

Top Liked Authors