Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 15-04-2017 09:57 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Aid7
Apprentice
Options

Hi, Please can you include my email. Whats the best way to send it to you?

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hi, 

Just send me a personal message on here. 

I will then send you the emails from this morning

0 Likes
Askarel
First Poster
Options

Never again Samsung products for me. When this equipment goes down, I will choose another brand, much more respectful of its customers. Engineers unable to balance sound levels are just amateurs. If the group 5.1 is dissociated, the sound level of the sound bar is 10x higher than the level of an R3. With the sound bar alone, level 6 is correct. For an equivalent sound level with R3 alone, you have to set the level to 35. Sorry for the translation. My language is French and I do not speak English.

0 Likes
Kevlarr
Explorer
Options

Just sent my email to Sean A****r, Senior Customer Services Executive UK & Eire as follows.

With the subject of... Try being a Samsung customer yourself.

Dear Mr A****r,

Here's a chance for you to take ownership of this problem.
How about you become a secret shopper and invest £627.00 in Samsung customer service.

At John Lewis HW-K650 for £329.00 + 2 x R1 speakers £149.00 (each) = £627.00
Feel free to shop around for a better price.

Collect it yourself or have it delivered, you too can experience the hours of frustration trying to get it to work as a 5.1 surround system. Contact customer services and spend hours on the phone, join an online forum and have your hopes dashed with the promise that the next firmware update will fix the problem.

In all seriousness, get the kit and try it yourself.

Mystery shopping (definition from the internet)
(related terms: mystery consumer, secret shopper) is a tool used externally by market research companies, watchdog organisations, or internally by companies themselves to measure quality of service, or compliance with regulation, or to gather specific information about products and services.

0 Likes
Kevlarr
Explorer
Options

To Nick0

10. Noted that the Speakers were automatically regrouped in the Multiroom App when changing from Optical to Wi-Fi.

11. Played the test file again and the result was identical to that using Optical

After this point, if you adjust the volume level, do the rears immediately drop in volume?

0 Likes
Nick0
Student
Options

Hi Kevlarr,
I have just tried the test file in the Web Browser app again and the top listed file 5.1 SurroundSound AAC Test, is the only one which delivers truly discreet output to the separate channels. Whether the others should or not, I do not know.  However, having repated the tests of WiFi v Optical, the optical seems to give slightly relaively louder sound from the rears with this particular file.   I hasten to add, I have not measured the levels objectively.

When I alter the volume either up or down the levels of the rears do not drop in volume but maintain their relative volume.

I tried downloading some of the files from that site to a USB stick but cannot get any to function like the one I have highlighted.

0 Likes
The_Shack
First Poster
Options

B****r this!

Just ordered a Denon Avrx2300 amp with

Tannoy HTS101XP 5.1 speakers from Richer sounds.

That ought to fix it.

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options

Guys can you pls check, using this file for example : https://www2.iis.fraunhofer.de/AAC/ChID-BLITS-EBU.mp4 

if your subwoofer is supporting the center channel during "front center" line? Put it in STANDARD mode first.

For me it stays silent, and only activates when soundbar is in MOVIE mode ( i think MOVIE mode just mixes the centre channel with L/R a little so thats why). 

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi

That link isn't working for me. 

0 Likes
Bryantay
Explorer
Options

remove the 4%C2%A0 that shows in the bowser and it will work...

0 Likes