Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 12-04-2017 10:30 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
DreamTallStart
Journeyman
Options

Hi Guys, 

I've been monitoring progress over the last few weeks and had decided not to add anything else simply because I felt you guys were all doing a great job of highlighting the issues and to be honest it all probably got a bit too technical for me a few weeks ago! I registered my issues on the forum a few weeks back. 

I would have returned the TV, Soundbar and Speakers months ago, but I like many on here hoped that Samsung would eventually come up with the promised software update to resolve the issues. 

The response from the head of Samsung UK, does not address the issues and clearly demonstrates a complete lack of awareness of the problems. We have all been incredibly patient and understanding with Samsung and he has simply ignored pages of concerns clearly highlighting the problems and has simply buried his head in the sand. I'm not sure if that's his own style or it's an attitude from the top down in Samsung. Everything in my house is Samsung, from appliances, to phones, to tablets, TVs (I have 6 Samsung TVs in the house) speakers etc but this has sickened even a pro Samsung customer like me. 

The Sony rep in Curry's where I bought my kit, already knew about these issues and urged me not to buy the kit. However I listened to the Samsung rep, he said the issues I had read about in here had been fixed. As far as I'm concerned I was lied to, I have been miss sold, the product simply does not operate as described to me. I wanted a wireless WiFi 5.1 system. I have already told the manager I would be returning the goods if the latest software update did not work. 

I have the KS8000 65inch, Hw-k650 and two R1 surrounds. I bought the lot as a complete system. The response from the head of Samsung, has confirmed my suspicion that Samsung simply don't care enough to resolve the issues and as a result I will be returning all the kit for a full refund tomorrow and replacing the lot with another 5.1 system and TV

DreamTallStart
Journeyman
Options

I forgot to add I also bought a Samsung UHD 4K BluRay player and another Samsung 55 inch TV at the same time. In total almost £4000 worth of Samsung kit. It's no good to me, it simply does not work as a WiFi 5.1 system 

0 Likes
Mash
First Poster
Options

I'm also disappointed with both the response from Samsung and the quality of Samsungs product (hwk650 + r3's). PM sent to Robbie. 

0 Likes
Nick0
Student
Options
I bought my 2 x R1's from RicherSounds, a bargain at £178. I doubt they are aware of the problem with the HW-K650 communicating with the Smart TV's when grouping the R1's in WiFI mode but it might be worth enquiring.
0 Likes
Neilwales
Explorer
Options

Hi All,

For those who have purchased their Samsung equipment from Richer Sounds, I would be inclined to e-mail their customer services department, and highlight the issues referring them to the forum. They are a huge Samsung seller, and in direct contact with Samsung in order to be able to offer amazing deals to be fair. I am sure they would not be so happy with negative comments on this product, and hopefully feedback to Samsung also.

0 Likes
Reebokerglory
First Poster
Options
PM sent.

Had all same issues and more than prepared to get involved
0 Likes
DreamTallStart
Journeyman
Options
Pm sent

Thanks for all your efforts Robbienobs 👍

0 Likes
Kevlarr
Explorer
Options

From a Samsung web site...

Our flagship company, Samsung Electronics, leads the global market in high-tech electronics manufacturing and digital media. (for how much longer, if this forum is an example on how to lose customers)

Through innovative, reliable products and services (stop laughing, it's not funny), talented people, a responsible approach to business and global citizenship, and collaboration with our partners and customers (yeah, right), Samsung is taking the world in imaginative new directions (I wouldn't like to imagine where the world will end up.)

I'm curious that if we added up all the money spent (on any Samsung product) by just the people on this forum in say the last 1-2 years, then use this to forecast how much they will lose when we stop buying their products.

I used to have a Samsung mobile a few years back. Needless to say that I'm now on my second Sony and very happy with it.
We bought a Samsung ecobubble washing machine a few years back (more the wifes department) but she's not been happy with that because it occasionally refuses to spin as it is unable to overcome an uneaven load balance. Needless to say that the next one will probably not be a Samsung.

The TV I got in the bundle is set on the twin tuner Freesat. This occasionaly loses channels from the channel list, defaults to BBC 2 (102) when it was turned off whilst on ITV HD (111), 111 is set to my local region but occasionally changes to the London region. Needless to say that the next one will probably not be a Samsung.

I think I can see a pattern starting to form.

JCFARROW
Explorer
Options

Thanks again for your efforts I will PM you now. 

0 Likes
Monkfish
Journeyman
Options

Good luck guys, though also keep in mind what your desired outcome is, as it certainly seems that Samsung's foray into firmware updates is over. 

Watchdog etc is certainly a good idea, as this is the only reasonable way to get Samsung to admit a fault, and then you can return the item under warranty. 

Or if you can still take it back to the retailer, take it back. 

Boxing things up is a pain, but when you start doing it, it's done quick. 

There are better rear wireless solutions at this price point, albeit still needing optical. 

0 Likes