Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 12-04-2017 07:36 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
mrcjames
Journeyman
Options
Is there a chance we can find the previous firmware?
0 Likes
dfensom
First Poster
Options

I am totally stunned by this from Samsung. Count me in, if you want to take this further in anyway.

Not sure the best way to collate contact details and e-mail addresses?

It seems a bit silly to work out what our next step is going to be, on the Samsung forums.  Like someone said, Samsung could just decide to delete the thread or shut it down completely...

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Good point and did cross my mind.
Maybe if everyone pm'd me their email address, then I will send out one email to all so we all have each other's contacts?
0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

"Samsung considers the product to be operating within Samsung manufacturing expectations."

Manufacturing expactations that Samsung products are glitchy and cause a lot of frustration.

Prior to spending a good bit of money for a new Samsung TV, soundbar, rear speakers and BD player I thought os Samsung as being reliable. Everything I bought from Samsung glitches in some way.

0 Likes
mrcjames
Journeyman
Options

Done

Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Just sent this as a follow up to my first reply to Samsung..... For what it's worth

"Dear Sean,

Further to the below email can you confirm why your engineer reset all of my system and adjusted settings to attempt to resolve the rear speaker volume FAULT, if he in fact didn't agree there was a problem.

I showed him the volume issues in the first few minutes of his visit, he then agreed it was not right, and continued to reset and attempt to adjust settings to resolve the PROBLEM.

It appears in a round about way I am being called a liar by the UK's senior member of customer services in the UK!

Regards"

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

"Is there a chance we can find the previous firmware?"

You can find it but wont do any good. My guess that firmware "upgrade" has borked our systems at the hardware level and Samsung is not going to eat it. Very sad that we ***** away good money on this Hw-K650 soundbar and wireless speakers.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Keep the emails coming guys. 

I will give it until tomorrow evening to give all a chance to send to me and then send out email to all. 

If they block me I will still have your email address's on my emails from this forum. 

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options
Wow! This is insane! They are taking a page from United's book.
simon_w
Pioneer
Options

Absolutely stunned by this respose - to suggest that the equipment is functioning within spec is totally ludicrous.

As Rob suggests, it sounds like the engineer was under pressure from above...

Rob - you have my email already but will resend to be safe - perhaps you should circulate Sean's email to all of us so we can contact him directly and apply a little more pressure...

I also have a customer service contact in Korea who, so far, has been very helpful and I will see what she has to say.

Watchdog is a thought but I suspect this product is too niche...?

Would be interested to hear what dealers people bought their kit from - mine came from John Lewis who will also have considerable clout with Samsung so may be some help - will go and see the head of their AV department here tomorrow..

The fight goes on...