Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 08-04-2017 12:40 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

I wish I had your optimism :smileyhappy:

I did worry that it would be me telling him how to adjust settings etc but it certainly wasn't the case. 

The guy has given me some confidence now this will be resolved as he has seen first hand, and has not tried to contest the issues we have at any point. 

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Feeling quite positive. If one of there own engineers confirms the issue then they can't dispute it and as such need to fix it so that the goods are fit for purpose. I have started saving to upgrade to the atmos K950 version but wont spend out on it until they can get this issue fixed. Thanks so much for getting an engineer round to confirm our problems and woes. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for a real fix now. 

Lee

0 Likes
JCFARROW
Explorer
Options
Thanks for arranging and taking so much time - you've helped us all and deserve all the badges available on this community page (I'm sure thats what you were really after all this time!)

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Lol Love a badge but to be honest wanted a medal....... Huff will keep going :winking-face:
Nick0
Student
Options
Thanks for all your efforts, Robbienobs, Perhaps we are now a step closer to a solution.
0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options
Thanks for all the hard work!
0 Likes
mrcjames
Journeyman
Options

Hi All, brand new to the community - for this issue specifically.

I have a UE55JU6800 (Firmware 1490), a K650 Soundbar (Firmware 3111) and 2 x R1's (Firmware 3112).

After many issues trying to setup (yesterday) I finally got all to work on Surround setting to work using HDMI ARC output on TV and D.IN input source on soundbar (which renames to M.CH (Multi Channel).

For users having issues setting up I found that a 2.4GHz WIFI channel worked and also TV Menu > Sound > Additional Settings > HDMI Audio Format > PCM helped. 

Now it is 'working' I too have found serious issues with audio distribution across the 5.1 setup. They are;

1. Poor vocal acoustics from K650 Soundbar when in surround mode - producing a muffled effect - other acoustic ranges appear normal. 

2. Poor bass acoustics across R1 surrounds when in surround mode.

I can see there is a large user base suffering with these issues.

Please confirm if what I have said above is the same as your issues?

Will be keeping an eye on this topic daily.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
No problems guys....... That summary was a great help.

Let just say I didn't run out of ammunition at any point
0 Likes
Angelo2002
First Poster
Options

Brilliant job Robbienobs!

Well done!

Was the Samsung technician aware of the seventy-something-pages thread about all these problems?

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

:smileyvery-happy:

He was when we had finished. 

0 Likes