Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 05-04-2017 06:12 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
scott
Explorer
Options
I have HW-K650 with 2-R1's for rear surround. Of course I have the same situation with the rears defaulting to very low volume in multi channel mode.

If I open wireless speaker manager and open the dialog boxes for selecting speakers, select none for rears,save, reopen dialog boxes, manually increase volume all the way on the R1's via the + sign on the top of the speakers, reselect the R1'sas rears in the dialog boxes, save. The rears work perfectly in multichannel mode with bitstream and dolby. The system sounds great, the problem is if you try to adjust volume the rears will default back to very low volume. In fact you can see the LED on the top of an R1 blink indicating the volume change.
0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options
Can someone try ^this on their system to verify that R1's work using the above method?
0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options

I can  infirm it works like that with my R3s, although they still aren't as loud as with optical connection and changing the volume will revert them back to being silent. 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hi all, 

Samsung engineers visit booked for this Saturday. 

podavies
Pioneer
Options

can we all come round and watch 😀 

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options
I think it depends on the source. I played an a 4k Atmos bluray(Xbox One S) with multichannel bitstream dolby and it was very loud with volume only at 10. Playing through my X1 cable box the volume needs to be higher.

The optical method sounds like the rears are mirroring the front left and right channels, but I only briefly tested that method.
0 Likes
simon_w
Pioneer
Options

Theres a little part of me that feels very sorry for this engineer - I bet he has no idea what he is walking into...

But the big part of me feels he deserves everything he gets !!!!

Good luck Rob - lets hope this is the final hurdle before the fix...

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
All welcome lol
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
I hope he only has my appointment booked on Saturday.......... It will take some time to bring him up to speed let alone go through different set ups
0 Likes
Bryantay
Explorer
Options

I Hope he's actually a Samsung engineer with some authority and not just a 3rd party vendor who thinks he's just coming out to help get your system hooked up.

0 Likes