Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 29-03-2017 07:52 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
podavies
Pioneer
Options

Just got an update to the soundbar, really think it helped with the rears 

😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬

0 Likes
frustrated
Journeyman
Options

0 Likes
frustrated
Journeyman
Options

Can you please let us know the firmware versions you have for the speakers sound bar and tv.

Thanks 

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options

Yes, please let us know about the firmware! I am on version 3109.1

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Definatly been an update as I was on 3109 for soundbar not long ago now states 3111

A covert update of the soundbar........ Maybe samsung have been watching the feedback on here for a change. 

Not had opportunity for testing yet but will get on asap

Screenshot_20170329-192114.png

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options

its not perfect but better over wifi 3111.2

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options

Podavies, how is the sound via HDMI ARC? Mine never sounded any better than Wi-Fi. I am excited to get home and try this.

@Kevlarr wrote:

I'll finish this by throwing another spanner into the works.
I also have the Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD 4K Blu-ray Player.
When connected directly to the TV and just sitting on the (Blu-ray) home screen, the TV info shows the resolution as 4k.
When connected via the soundbar the resolution is 1080.

In the Blu-ray settings menu if I change the resolution from auto to force a 4k output, the screen goes blank with a source connection message after a few seconds.
So, unless there is some setting that I've missed because I expected a simple plug & play, I suspect the HW-K650
will not do 4k pass through from the UBD-K8500 (a topic for another thread maybe?)

Unfortunately, it only has an HDMI 1.4 input, so no 4K or HDR. This also would render useless the using HDMI 2.0 cable for ARC as 1.4 is max spec it can handle. Wish I had researched that sooner than now. I found it on a third party site, but if 4K is not passing through, that is why.

0 Likes
dfensom
First Poster
Options

I have just checked the firmware updates on my soundbar and speakers (R1's)

Soundbar 3111.2

Speakers 3112.5

For the first time, I am getting 5.1 sound on Wi-Fi  :smiling-face:

You have to have the soundbar turned right down and the R1's turned up to the Max, but it works!

It would be nice if they could 'even out' the sound out a bit more, as there is no 'headroom' to make it the R1's a little louder.

David

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options
That was what I had to do already to get it close to decent. I guess they made the rears a bit louder again? I don't know why they cannot figure out the audio profile from optical which sounds excellent and just make it the same for wifi. It baffles me.
0 Likes
Bryantay
Explorer
Options

What's even more baffling is why they don't just give us more sound than we need and let us balance the rears to our particular environment/liking!

0 Likes