Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 24-03-2017 08:09 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Tovle
Explorer
Options
Abob: It's flattering for Samsung that you call the WIFI setup for 5.1 even though there's slightly sound from the rear speakers 😛

The latest firmware update did increase the rear sound abit, but still need them to push out 80% more volume in order for me to call it 5.1.

What I ment was that you'll notice when the surround is working as it intended. Guess you've been running back and forth between the speakers to see if they are working correctly :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye: When it's working it wont be neccessary.
0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options
Hah! Look, I know what it should sound like as I have heard it before way back when. And the optical is what sounds best for sure. But at least now there is sound coming out of the rears on Wi-Fi with this latest update. And that is why I wanted to let people know that my ARC and Wi-Fi have the same volume on the rears. I switched between the 2 inputs several times yesterday testing the audio and I could not hear a difference in volume. Maybe it is related to my HDMI cable.

Are you saying that your ARC sounds the same as when you were on optical? My optical volume was way louder on the rears than when I am on ARC.
0 Likes
Tovle
Explorer
Options
Are you saying that your ARC sounds the same as when you were on optical? My optical volume was way louder on the rears than when I am on ARC.

Not sure if we're on the same page about the optical solution. I registred on this forum this week, bought the soundbar in januar and r1's in feb. Are you talking about the solution where you use optical and have to use two remotes - one for soundbar and one for rear speakers?

Nonetheless, my current setup allows me to set the rear speakers significally higher than the sound bar (if wanted) and only use one remote to control the sound system. 

InkedScreenshot_20170324-201517_LI.jpgScreenshot_20170324-201532.png

podavies
Pioneer
Options

So as I'm the original poster on this thread, thought I better test all the theory's.

I can't seem to get the single remote working, can't follow the steps ☹️

But decided to try the PCM option as I've been using the bitstream,

I put on black sails season 4 episode 7 using an optical cable and the surround sound 

is so much more vivid. Sound greats now. 

leelazer
Navigator
Options

If I change to PCM I lose real 5.1. As in when I play a test file the speakers aren't separated properly. The front left and eight play when the rears play. The TV can't pass 5.1 in PCM. 

Lee

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options

Your wrong 😃

Make sure hdmi audio format is PCM

audio format is Dolby digital 

and run the 5.1 surround test of a USN stick. My bass bin goes crazy and the surrounds are so loud.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

I am chomping at the bit here but can't start testing mine until tomorrow. 

Sounds like we are getting somewhere podavies.

I wonder if the slight differences in results with same settings is because of the tv models. 

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options

uploading a video to youtube so you can hear the bass bin and the rears kick in,

I know the 5.1 is working when the Bass bin works.

abob36
Pioneer
Options

@Tovle wrote:

Not sure if we're on the same page about the optical solution. I registred on this forum this week, bought the soundbar in januar and r1's in feb. Are you talking about the solution where you use optical and have to use two remotes - one for soundbar and one for rear speakers?

Nonetheless, my current setup allows me to set the rear speakers significally higher than the sound bar (if wanted) and only use one remote to control the sound system. 

OK so you never have tried just optical. Optical you need to use the soundbar remote to control volume, but optical sounds the best to me. My HDMI ARC definitely does not let me set the rear speakers louder than the soundbar. Maybe it is because I have Wi-Fi multichannel setup still. I am going to remove that configuration on the TV and try new HDMI cables tonight. Do note that if you have optical and ARC configured, ARC will not let you use optical until you turn off ARC (ANYNET CEC) on the TV settings. My tv is a US KS8000 so that could aslo be why we have some different experiences as well.

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yeEPkcwOHI

please don't play the video after this one so embarrassing
0 Likes