Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 23-03-2017 08:13 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
abob36
Pioneer
Options
That is interesting. You run out of inputs on the TV? I only have a couple HDMI sources connected, so I do not need to plug directly into the soundbar. This is definitely worth investigating.
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Hi leelazer

Have you tried the set up without pass through to see if you get the same as others?

Doesn't help your issue but would be good to know if you can get it working.
0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Yeah I use all my hdmi inputs so to use the Arc I have to connect an input to the soundbar. If I then select D in it doesn't let the source pass through the sound bar. This now isn't an option for me as it's easier to use a separate remote than to keep changing cables round 😢

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi Rob

Yeah if I select a different source I get sound but still didn't notice any decent volume from the rears. I didn't play about with it much though as I need to be able to pass a source through the bar. Lol. 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Have you tried a Hdmi splitter?

If you have two input cables that are never used together you can use a splitter that acts as an automated switch....... Might be teaching you to suck eggs so appologies if this is the case

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

I have used splitters in the past but good quality ones aren't cheap. In the interest of research and helping out I am going to play about with it a bit more when I am here on my own. My girlfriend is less than understanding when it comes to me messing about plugging in and unplugging cables while she is trying to watch the great pottery throw down lol. 

Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Lol nothing wrong with a bit of throw down...... Have it on right now. 

Only reason I am not playing with my setup is I think my Hdmi is not new enough and want to be sure I am on Hdmi 2 so not wasting time. 

Be great if you did have a try as if memory suits me right you came up with the optical workaround, so your input would be gratefuly received :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

No problem. I will give it another go. Beware though of thinking hdmi cables are vastly different. There are lots of articles on this. It's actually the hdmi ports that have the different standards. In most cases even the cheapest hdmi cables will work just fine. I have tested a cheap Asda hdmi cable on my xbox one s and it handles 4K no problem. 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks for advice 

Just reserved one for £15 from Argos............. The one I have is so old it's probably the first gen hdmi......... It has WW2 written on the side so maybe it's older than that