Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 23-03-2017 07:07 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Nick0
Student
Options

I got this response fromSamsung Support when I enquired about the Wi-FI prblem with the HW-K600.  Does anyone know what is the significance of the underlined phrase?  

"Please be informed that the R1 acts as a base if they are on 5.1 surround sound. Please try the following troubleshooting steps provided below on your R1 to solve the issue :

1. Reset the speakers, touch and hold the Volume (-,+) button at the same time for 5 seconds.

2. Adjust the volume of the R1, ensure that it is not in a low volume. 

3. Pair the R1 to the Multiroom app.

4. Set the R1 to the soundbar for surroundsound.

5. Play Versache on the Floor music or Jurassic Park movie to check the effects of the surround sound.

Please let us know the result after completing the troubleshooting steps. Should the same issue persists, don't hesitate to contact us so we can still assist you for further checking."

Needless to say, I have little confidence that the advice is of any value.

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options
I see the issue! We are not playing Versache on the Floor!! That is the missing piece to this puzzle. I was trying Versace on the Floor. Silly me.

On a more serious note, that is good to know about the R1 reset, not that I have had any issues with mine.
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hi

The underlined phrase makes no sense to me. Will try anything to get this resolved. 

I am going to purchase a new hdmi tomorrow to ensure its hdmi 2 and test fully. I will also try the reset and turning up volumes etc. 

It will still have specs not operating as advertised but just want good surround now with volume control through TV control........ I am not sure if they will ever fully resolve this and be fully WiFi. 

Also just a quick question. When I use mine with the optical workaround, it doesn't turn off the sound bar with the surround speakers............ Does it put everything in standby when hdmi is connected as suggested? 

Thanks in advance for your help

Will report back. 

0 Likes
Tovle
Explorer
Options

Also just a quick question. When I use mine with the optical workaround, it doesn't turn off the sound bar with the surround speakers............ Does it put everything in standby when hdmi is connected as suggested? 

Hi Rob,

The HDMI solution is working seamlessly with TV and sound bar. It turns everything on/off with one single click on the power button on the TV remote. Everything works like if you´d group them over WIFI, except that with HDMI it´s actually working as intentionally. 

NB! If you can´t hear the rear speakers, make sure input source is set to D.IN, ungroup and re-establish / go through the sourround setup in Multiroom app. Worked for me so far. 

Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks Tovle, 

Really appreciate it. 

0 Likes
Tovle
Explorer
Options
No, thank you :smiling-face:

Honestly, I´m not a forum-kinda-guy, but I saw all the effort and energy you put into this and I decided to register and try to contribute - just because of you. Sounds strange that I´m telling you to do the basics like group them when in D.IN mode but it´s the only way I got it working. If you wanna test the surround on Netflix, Dare Devil is good for that - especially open scene on episode 2, season one (When the character is laying in the container)
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks Tovle, 

Appreciate your kind words. I am also not one for forum input but I habe never been one to go down quietly. There have been a few people on here for while fighting with me, and the optical workaround they came up with was a great stop gap, letting us use the surround sound until samsung got their finger out.

I am open to all guidance no matter how simple the instructions. I think being in here for so long and facing issue after issue, it became a bit of a wood for trees kind of scenario with a certain expectation for the firmware to fail, and a reluctance to go "fiddling" with settings and leads yet again to get it working.

Fresh minds is exactly what this needed and the timing was just right, given the last update and recent input from newbies. It's just a shame samsung are not giving some specific set up directions at the moment, instead of leaving customers to take the lead again; but I am continuing to push for this at head office on principle more than anything. 

It's amazing after all this time of asking Samsung head office emailed me this afternoon offering an engineer to visit my house and investigate my set up! ....... Talk about locking the gate after the horse has gone......I will get a new hdmi ASAP and test but I see no reason why it won't work given others have succeeded. 

It appears all that's left to resolve is that the surround sound U groups when switching between music and TV sources, and the full wifi solution (the latter won't happen in my lifetime), but I can put up with this now I will be able to use one control and everything operating in synergy as it should. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options
Please have an engineer visit! Because all of these things are not resolving the actual issue: 5.1 over Wi-Fi. This has worked in the past. And we can all hear the rears, albeit the soundbar drastically over powering them. We are so close. Even using optical, having to re-create the Surround group is not practical. I have not tested the HDMI ARC fully to determine if my surround settings get reset every time, but if they do, this again is not a practical solution.
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hi abob36, 

Yes, after reading your post I will go with the offer of engineer visit regardless, and come up with a list of items not working as advertised. In addition to abob36,  If anyone wants me to make some representation of particular issues please let me know, then I won't waste the opportunity presented. 

This is a copy of the email I received (I have to blank the surname or the Moderators will delete the post) :

Dear Mr ******, should it be preferable for an engineer to attend and assess, this can be arranged. If you can please advise any dates or days which would be suitable for a visit to be arranged, I can book this in for you.

It's a shame this wasn't offered withing the first 50 requests I made though......... Huff

leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hmmmmmm. Cant get it to work for me without losing the ability to pass a hdmi source through the soundbar to the TV. If I set up as suggested and try to choose the source that's connected through the sound bar I get a message that says hdmi already selected as a speaker. Please press source to choose a connected source. B*gger.  😢 

0 Likes