Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 23-03-2017 01:37 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Bryantay
Explorer
Options
Madtuts...   This sound very promising!  

You don't work for Samsung do you?  Wait a minute, what am i thinking... of course you don't work for Samsung! If you did you'ld have NO knowledge of your products, rarley ever respond to your customers, imply that every one is just imagining things, patronize us when we ask for help, and generally care less what your customers think of you.

Thnaks, ...and Looking forward to trying this out. 
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Like it
0 Likes
Madtuts
Explorer
Options
One more thing I forgot about is that you have to have the TV sound setting on Bitstreem and Dolby Digital

As TVs can not pass 5.1 through the TV in PCM mode
Tovle
Explorer
Options

@Madtuts wrote:

For TV-ARC to work Anynet+ has to be turned on, on the TV and on the sound bar

to then connect a HDMI 2 cable between the ARC ports on the sound bar and TV

Then on the sound bar select the input D.IN and the TV will find your sound bar

once this has happened you can select receiver

and by using this method your Tv remote will control the sound bar 

hope this helps as it uses the D.IN

Your suggestion did actually WORK! I'll be damned. And yes, had a 1.4 HDMI cable. It switched to TV ARC but no sound at all. Not on the soundbar, nor rear speakers. I changed it with a HDMI 2.0 and the soundbar got sound but not the rear. So I physically turned the volume up on the rear speakers  and it grouped it in multiroom app, sat all three devices on same volume level - VOILÁ! It actually worked! Tried it on Netflix, Plex, BluRay, YouTube (some worked, some didn't) and all worked! 

It's 1:00 AM in Norway and I woke my wife playing to loud but who cares! We can live like a normal couple again. She even smiled when I said it's now working.

Thanks alot for the fix Madtuts.

Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks guys

Madtuts this is great work......... If only samsung would have advised on the set up instead rolling out firmware updates with not support. 

I will try this later when I get home but sounds like this system is not fully capable of wifi only connection, and as I have said before they need to remove the option for multichannel/WiFi connection to TV to save all sorts of issues for new customers. 

Thank God this last firmware update looks to have fixed the issues and we can go back to one control and surround sound! 

Still a very bitter taste in my mouth regarding customer service on all fronts, but I am sure if this is finally fixed its a victory for us all! 

0 Likes
Tovle
Explorer
Options

@Robbienobs wrote:

Thanks guys

Madtuts this is great work......... If only samsung would have advised on the set up instead rolling out firmware updates with not support. 

I will try this later when I get home but sounds like this system is not fully capable of wifi only connection, and as I have said before they need to remove the option for multichannel/WiFi connection to TV to save all sorts of issues for new customers. 

Thank God this last firmware update looks to have fixed the issues and we can go back to one control and surround sound! 

Still a very bitter taste in my mouth regarding customer service on all fronts, but I am sure if this is finally fixed its a victory for us all! 

I tested it again when I woke up and had to configurate the sourround again in order to make it work. I tried grouping them on the TV but it didn't work. I noticed that I could only make it work when the soundbar is recognized as D.IN in the multiroom app. I had to toogle between the sources on the bar before I was able to click on the three dots and group them as sourround.

The multiroom/TV Soundconnect is not working as advertised, but I can live with this solution in the meantime :smiling-face:

Screenshot_20170323-010926.png

Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks. Can you confirm if you can use the tv control still to adjust the soundbar volume? 

0 Likes
Nick0
Student
Options

Hi Madtuts,

I agree that your method works.  The method  is more or less the optical cable workaround but allows the soundbar to be controlled by the TV Remote which is indeed a benefit.

However, It doesn't address the real issue ,which  Samsung need to fix, of the lack of wireless connectivity to produce acceptable 5.1 over WiFI so that no cable is needed which is especially desirable if you have the soundbar wall mounted.  

I have had the HDMI(ARC) set up from the start but didn't think to select TV(ARC) to get decent levels of sound from the 5.1 rears.  I don't think it should be necessary to use the app when the facility is available on the TV already.  Whilst the 5.1 sound is available and the sound bar is controlled by the TV Smart remote, and the sound bar shows MultiChannel on Soundbar + 2 Speakers,  the level of sound seems slightly lower than that I have available using only the optical cable with the HDMI cable detached.  My experience is not as effective. Maybe my HDMI cable is not good enough but TV (ARC) is displayed.

Interestingly, I have never seen "Receiver" as an option on the Speakers list before, but that option to connect to "Receiver" appears initially when having turned off AnyNet+, I switch  the sound bar power off and on and then enable AnyNet+ . "Receiver" is then replaced by Samsung HW-K650, showing it has detected the sound bar.

0 Likes
Tovle
Explorer
Options

@Robbienobs wrote:

Thanks. Can you confirm if you can use the tv control still to adjust the soundbar volume? 

You have to calibrate the sourround using Multiroom app. Once you've saved you will only need TV remote to adjust the whole system sound (Soundbar+R1).

However, the multiroom function where all devices pushes out same amount of sound when listening to music doesn't work.

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options
Yes, the TV remote controls the audio now and the surround does work, but it does surround differently than it did with the optical. Also, selecting optical out on the TV, the soundbar will not work, because it is configured for ARC and you cannot choose D.In to be optical.

When using optical and playing on my Wii U (Zelda Breath of the Wild is GOAT, seriously) I would hear audio in my rear speakers that sounded convincing like it was surround (Wii U only outputs PCM). With ARC, I hear nothing on the rears now when playing and I cannot do anything to get it to work unless I turn ARC off and go back to optical, so that is a bummer.
0 Likes