Support

Open search

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

Explorer
Wow. I will definitely investigate this. Hopefully it does exactly as you say. Now I just need to run an HDMI to my soundbar behind the wall.
Pathfinder

Sounds promising!......

So much for samsung advising on set up requirements! 

First Poster
Sorry Madtuts, I misunderstood. I seem to have all that set up OK but I was looking for "Receiver" in my list of speakers but it does not appear. I think my TV is a newer version than that shown on the video.
Explorer
Madtuts...   This sound very promising!  

You don't work for Samsung do you?  Wait a minute, what am i thinking... of course you don't work for Samsung! If you did you'ld have NO knowledge of your products, rarley ever respond to your customers, imply that every one is just imagining things, patronize us when we ask for help, and generally care less what your customers think of you.

Thnaks, ...and Looking forward to trying this out. 
Pathfinder
Like it
Highlighted
Explorer
One more thing I forgot about is that you have to have the TV sound setting on Bitstreem and Dolby Digital

As TVs can not pass 5.1 through the TV in PCM mode
Explorer

@Madtuts wrote:

For TV-ARC to work Anynet+ has to be turned on, on the TV and on the sound bar

to then connect a HDMI 2 cable between the ARC ports on the sound bar and TV

Then on the sound bar select the input D.IN and the TV will find your sound bar

once this has happened you can select receiver

and by using this method your Tv remote will control the sound bar 

hope this helps as it uses the D.IN

Your suggestion did actually WORK! I'll be damned. And yes, had a 1.4 HDMI cable. It switched to TV ARC but no sound at all. Not on the soundbar, nor rear speakers. I changed it with a HDMI 2.0 and the soundbar got sound but not the rear. So I physically turned the volume up on the rear speakers  and it grouped it in multiroom app, sat all three devices on same volume level - VOILÁ! It actually worked! Tried it on Netflix, Plex, BluRay, YouTube (some worked, some didn't) and all worked! 

It's 1:00 AM in Norway and I woke my wife playing to loud but who cares! We can live like a normal couple again. She even smiled when I said it's now working.

Thanks alot for the fix Madtuts.

Pathfinder

Thanks guys

Madtuts this is great work......... If only samsung would have advised on the set up instead rolling out firmware updates with not support. 

I will try this later when I get home but sounds like this system is not fully capable of wifi only connection, and as I have said before they need to remove the option for multichannel/WiFi connection to TV to save all sorts of issues for new customers. 

Thank God this last firmware update looks to have fixed the issues and we can go back to one control and surround sound! 

Still a very bitter taste in my mouth regarding customer service on all fronts, but I am sure if this is finally fixed its a victory for us all! 

Explorer

@Robbienobs wrote:

Thanks guys

Madtuts this is great work......... If only samsung would have advised on the set up instead rolling out firmware updates with not support. 

I will try this later when I get home but sounds like this system is not fully capable of wifi only connection, and as I have said before they need to remove the option for multichannel/WiFi connection to TV to save all sorts of issues for new customers. 

Thank God this last firmware update looks to have fixed the issues and we can go back to one control and surround sound! 

Still a very bitter taste in my mouth regarding customer service on all fronts, but I am sure if this is finally fixed its a victory for us all! 

I tested it again when I woke up and had to configurate the sourround again in order to make it work. I tried grouping them on the TV but it didn't work. I noticed that I could only make it work when the soundbar is recognized as D.IN in the multiroom app. I had to toogle between the sources on the bar before I was able to click on the three dots and group them as sourround.

The multiroom/TV Soundconnect is not working as advertised, but I can live with this solution in the meantime

Screenshot_20170323-010926.png

Pathfinder

Thanks. Can you confirm if you can use the tv control still to adjust the soundbar volume? 

Top Liked Authors